• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You've watched more NSW/Qld matches than me, Sully? Fingers and toes out for counting next Saturday at the Caxton. See you there.
You can see your toes at the Caxton? Sorry have a prior engagement with the Cote. But would love a catch up sometime.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The inability of Reds supporters to accept what actually happened is mind boggling. Rewatch the first 20 minutes of the second half. The only thing that saved the Reds was the refusal by Ian Smith (Queenslander) to award a penalty try.

Yes because if it is the opinion of a NSWman then it is gospel. And the opinion of a QLDer is simply fantasy. What actually happened is that your boys threw every single thing they had at our line for the best part of the game and you couldn't break it. No, they couldn't even bend our line. Nary a fucking dent. Your captain had plenty of opportunity to take points but his closed minded, chest beating, teeny tiny brain wanted so badly to be awrded a try without actually crossing the line that he persisted with a tactic that wasn't working for 40 minutes and in the end it cost them the game.

You know what one of the first things I learnt in Rugby? You'll never change the ref's mind - so adapt.

The inability of Tahs supporters to accept what actually happend is mind boggling.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Me too. Have to download some Banjo Classics on my phone to keep them amused.

We should meet up for a beer Cyclo. Although as a warning I am heading out with a group of army blokes who will be a few days back in the country from a tour of Afgan. They will be exciteable.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
We should meet up for a beer Cyclo. Although as a warning I am heading out with a group of army blokes who will be a few days back in the country from a tour of Afgan. They will be exciteable.

That's probably a slight understatement. Keep them off the Bundy & cokes!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mrs D is cheering for the Tahs!!!!!

Hey Mr Doug,

Given that revelation, will you get Mrs Doug to do the washing just before the game. I am sure certain undergarments need to be in the washing machine, and not on your person, at game time this weekend.

Tahs by 8.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Yes because if it is the opinion of a NSWman then it is gospel. And the opinion of a QLDer is simply fantasy. What actually happened is that your boys threw every single thing they had at our line for the best part of the game and you couldn't break it. No, they couldn't even bend our line. Nary a fucking dent. Your captain had plenty of opportunity to take points but his closed minded, chest beating, teeny tiny brain wanted so badly to be awrded a try without actually crossing the line that he persisted with a tactic that wasn't working for 40 minutes and in the end it cost them the game.

You know what one of the first things I learnt in Rugby? You'll never change the ref's mind - so adapt.

The inability of Tahs supporters to accept what actually happend is mind boggling.

You can't break a line if they keep spoiling to prevent continuity.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
5 mins to go. Two points behind. Three tries in the bag. Penalty in front. Do the reds go for the win only to find they are out of the finals by a BP, or do they go for the try, miss it, and find out two days later the sharks or bulls got rolled and a win would have got them through.
It's an interesting dilemma that will be in the back of their minds with a lot of decisions along the way.

Ireland were in a very similar position a few years ago against Italy in the 6Ns. Knew we needed to really thump Italy to have a chance of winning the comp. Decided to go for the try but instead Italy got a break away try. Later France beat Scotland and won the 6Ns on points difference by only a few points. If Ireland hadn't conceded the late try we would have won. But then maybe France would have scored more against Scotland. I know there's no way Reds can lose on points difference but an interesting dilemma none-the-less.

One thing is for sure the teams playing after the Reds have a distinct advantage in knowing what will be enough to qualify.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Hey Mr Doug,

Given that revelation, will you get Mrs Doug to do the washing just before the game. I am sure certain undergarments need to be in the washing machine, and not on your person, at game time this weekend.

Tahs by 8.

Sorry Hugh, I can't comply, and Ms D said "bugger Hugh", so I guess your boys will have to rely on talent!
Lucky jocks are washed and in the drawer, prior to being donned (or should that be douged) for the Brumbies/Blues game at 3:30 pm Saturday. They will remain in place for start of Reds/Tahs game at 7:40 pm. Hopefully, they wont have exhaused their supply of "luckiness" as you call it!!
We will both know at full-time!

T

TOCC

You can't break a line if they keep spoiling to prevent continuity.

NSW(aka phil waugh) incorrectly believed they were capable of a pushover scrum or penalty try... no one was preventing the Tahs from gaining some continuity except themselves..
Whether you believe the Ref's calls were incorrect or not, the Tahs really should have identified this and gone for another method of scoring points..

Plain and simple, if a team is trying to attack another teams wing all day and getting nowhere, you don't persist in the same tactic, you adapt and find a weakness elsewhere.. This is what good teams do, and this is what the Tahs didnt do.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Why don't the Reds and Waratahs use former players as runners out on the field of play like the League sides for this clash only.
The QLD RL team use Gilmeister and Langer very effectively.
I'd like to see some real former antagonists issued with vests and be part of the night.
Sam Scott Young and Stan Pilecki for the Reds and Simon Poidevin and Steve Finnane for the Waratahs would certainly warm things up.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why don't the Reds and Waratahs use former players as runners out on the field of play like the League sides for this clash only.
The QLD RL team use Gilmeister and Langer very effectively.
I'd like to see some real former antagonists issued with vests and be part of the night.
Sam Scott Young and Stan Pilecki for the Reds and Simon Poidevin and Steve Finnane for the Waratahs would certainly warm things up.
Waugh and Croft, and allow them to deliver water to the bottom of a ruck...who would bleed first?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Waugh and Croft, and allow them to deliver water to the bottom of a ruck.who would bleed first?

Don't think laws could stop either of them assisting the players at the bottom of rucks rehydrating. They would take their watering responsibilities very seriously.

Reactions: BPC

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
The Reds should win this by 50 points, they have everything to play for whereas the Tahs are a losing rabble.

Tahs have an entire season worth of misery to make up for on the weekend. If they win this game they'll be able to rest easy knowing that they'll all have a job next season.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Surprisingly for all the attacking talk, the reds hae only managed to score 2 more try's this season, 33 - 31.

They should win this game easy but like in life, even when something's on a platter, Qld get the wobbles as they know there just not good enough, that's why there not wallabies or national heroes like other teams. No ones proud of a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom