• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, rd2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Definitely! Early dinner somewhere. Lunch?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Posted this under Reds 2013 thread but it might come in useful for anyone getting along to this game - even Tahs fans just up in Brisbane for the weekend if you can get in the Brewery Tour before going to the match..... Think you get 4 beers out of that.

Reds have announced a "XXXX Mates Membership" for the Tahs match.

It's $35 to get a silver seat which is only $5 more than what a seat costs on Ticketek, and that difference is almost cancelled out once you add on the Ticketek Booking fees of minimum $4.65.

So considering you get a scarf, stubby cooler and brewery tour in this "membership" it looks like a pretty good deal. Very good actually, especially if you win the trip to XXXX Island.

http://www.redsmembership.com.au/xxxx-membership.html

• Reserved Silver ticket for Reds v Waratahs Super Rugby home game (23 February 2013)
  • Exclusive access to the XXXX Gold Mates Bar in the stadium precinct for Reds v Waratahs
  • Entry in the ‘Win a trip to XXXX Island for you and three mates’ competition
  • XXXX Brewery Tour
  • Priority purchase period for Castrol EDGE Rugby Championship Test Match in Brisbane
  • Priority purchase period for IRB Gold Coast Sevens
  • Match Day Benefits:
  • Free public transport
  • Exclusive access to Reds Members Bar*
  • Access to Reds Members Dining Room
  • 10% discount on Reds merchandise
  • Invitation to exclusive Reds Members Tour
  • Weekly Reds e-News
  • XXXX Gold Mates Membership Merchandise:
  • Reds member scarf
  • Reds 2013 Season Guide
  • Reds Sticker
  • Lanyard
  • XXXX Gold Stubby cooler

T

TOCC

anyone remember the antics in the corresponding match last year...

Rob Horne shoving Dom Shipperly in the back whilst he was on the ground and Tom Carter pushing Digby in the face when he turned over the ball....
Everyone remembers what happened with Tom, but Rob Horne would have felt red-faced after he missed that tackle on Shipperly in the 80th minute.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I remember TPN's try not being allowed because of a forward pass that was decided not to be in the end...New Year, New Coach, New Start. 2013 Year of The Tahs!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
anyone remember the antics in the corresponding match last year.

Rob Horne shoving Dom Shipperly in the back whilst he was on the ground and Tom Carter pushing Digby in the face when he turned over the ball..
Everyone remembers what happened with Tom, but Rob Horne would have felt red-faced after he missed that tackle on Shipperly in the 80th minute.

As much as I'm trying to forget it, wasn't it Alcock who missed the crucial tackle?

T

TOCC

I thought Alcock ran out of the line initially, but Shipperly also stepped back inside Horne

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, Alcock was running across field to cover Shipperley. Shipperley had no-one outside of him, and stepped back on the inside of Horne, who was wrong footed and didn't even lay a hand on him. Alcock slipped the tackle, but he was Horne's man all along. Horne has had a habit of setting himself on his heels too early, allowing him to be cleanly stepped.

edit: gotta be Horne's man, surely. Horne should've moved up with Alcock, but remained too flat footed and allowed him to be stepped. That said, Alcock does bear some blame too.

edit2: gees, Horne was lazy on that last play. But really, the Reds shouldn't have won that. If it wasn't the first round of the year, you'd think that Tahs would've never have screwed up so badly in giving the ball back, and not chasing the kick.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Every year it's the same! Haha! I remember having a similar discussion about a different Reds/Tahs game this time last year. Love it!

T

TOCC

I hope so, in terms of ratings and publicity it makes sense to have the blockbuster games to bookend the season..

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Every year it's the same! Haha! I remember having a similar discussion about a different Reds/Tahs game this time last year. Love it!

I wonder, if that last tackler on Shipperley had been Folau, what would have happened?
We'll never know, but if it had, then the Reds & Waratahs dynamics may have been very different for the remainder of the 2012 season. You can understand why the Waratahs want this player so badly.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Tom Carter did chase the kick he was taken out.

Not one of Tom's smarter suggestions to McKibbin to kick the ball in the first place. Can never understand why he didn't hold the pill and wind the clock down.

Status
Not open for further replies.