• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs - Roma Festival of Rugby 10 Feb

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
A good trial for the Reds.
Both teams played on the same field. The Waratahs were woeful. 29-zip at halftime would say the field was fine.
I didn’t see them have to move scrums due to a loss of traction. I didn’t see players slipping over. What I did see was one team devoid of both attacking and defensive strength, a failed opportunity to blood all your reserves and a coach whose days are numbered.

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
I travelled to Roma for the game.
The field was no where near as bad as it looked. They have a problem with standing water which leaves brown patches in places. There was some grass laid down a few weeks prior also.
Qld look to be a bigger side and were making good yards up the middle. The first time Waratahs got good attacking ball the pace was startling live however they fumbled the ball out wide, after that the Tahs could barely get another attacking run together. Second half Tahs looked to just contain the Reds.
I would like to see Tahs go back to the big pack days of 2014 where someone like Holloway is back at number 8 and a solid line-out option. Ever since Cron won Shute Shield with Norths, Tahs have tried this smaller and faster pack. How long do they persist, or don't they have an option?
I thought Force were good against Reds. Tahs will beat Rebels I suppose.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It’s good the Reds are proclaiming themselves February champions. That’s usually what us Tahs do.
To be fair there's nowhere near as much of that going on as their are tahs fan's swapping their January championship for the February wooden spoon. Reds fans are mostly optimistic but cautious that we didn't get a proper test here.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I travelled to Roma for the game.
The field was no where near as bad as it looked. They have a problem with standing water which leaves brown patches in places. There was some grass laid down a few weeks prior also.
Qld look to be a bigger side and were making good yards up the middle. The first time Waratahs got good attacking ball the pace was startling live however they fumbled the ball out wide, after that the Tahs could barely get another attacking run together. Second half Tahs looked to just contain the Reds.
I would like to see Tahs go back to the big pack days of 2014 where someone like Holloway is back at number 8 and a solid line-out option. Ever since Cron won Shute Shield with Norths, Tahs have tried this smaller and faster pack. How long do they persist, or don't they have an option?
I thought Force were good against Reds. Tahs will beat Rebels I suppose.

Its not just the Tahs its every side, everyone thinks they can beat the nz sides by playing like aldi versions of them

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It’s good the Reds are proclaiming themselves February champions. That’s usually what us Tahs do.
Don't wallow just yet. Pre-season isn't over until Rd 1, Tahs still have an opportunity to snatch the pre-season championship through a few targeted interviews about off-season training techniques and performances against club teams. Although Force are looking like strong candidates also.