• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs - Roma Festival of Rugby 10 Feb

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lmao, where are these "false sexual allegations", by all remarks he had a sexual altercation with a woman whilst his wife was pregnant. Is this the sort of player we want wearing the Green and Gold and representing our country? Seems your beliefs are drastically different from mine.
Hed be long long way from the Wallabies.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Whether or not Kurtley plays for the tahs again there's next to no chance he jumps on a plane to Roma for a trial tomorrow evening, so I don't see much point discussing him in this thread. There's more than enough chat about it going on in the tahs thread, how about we keep it to just that one for now?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
he was found innocent.

when it comes to blokes and sexual allegations it’s always “guilty until your found innocent but names been dragged thru the mud so might as well keep calling them guilty”
He was found innocent of rape. He admitted to sexual activity that only he thought was consensual in a toilet while his wife was pregnant. So still a flufbunny

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Personally don’t have high hopes for tonight from a Tahs fan (when do I ever). Feels like a lot of them are just filtering back into the swing of things now. Hope I’m wrong obviously. Keen to see how Miles handles himself.

A lot of pressure on Edmed now. Is he the guy who can lock it down or is he just a journeyman type….

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The 13? Has played plenty for the Reds. And the Wallaroos.

The 12 was the one that caught my eye. 16 I think. Shalom Sauaso. She was brilliant.

In saying that we were completely outclassed. Particularly our forward pack. NSW depth very good. Full strength squads might be closer but Shannon Parry and Codey are a loss. It seems our front row depth is particularly challenged. The American will be needed big time.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The 13? Has played plenty for the Reds. And the Wallaroos.

The 12 was the one that caught my eye. 16 I think. Shalom Sauaso. She was brilliant.

In saying that we were completely outclassed. Particularly our forward pack. NSW depth very good. Full strength squads might be closer but Shannon Parry and Codey are a loss. It seems our front row depth is particularly challenged. The American will be needed big time.
I've just finished scan-watching the game. Reds were totally outclassed right across the park, not just the forwards.

Observations:
Neither team got the memo on head contact. McKenzie should have got a red too, not just yellow.
The Sky Blue offloading in contact was just unstoppable - draw and pass was lovely to watch.
The Waratah locks were awesome, frightening even.
The Red 6 looked to be about 30kg wringing wet. Tried hard, but just plainly under-powered. Needs to have a double-digit number on her back.

Reds have got a lot of work to do, the Waratahs will get some players back and be even better next time.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Also different from last week - I think we have taken those points. The boys want a win.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Forketi folded/bit in too much there. Got very bunched there. Walton will feel that one.