• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies, 2011R16

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maroon Army

Direct clash with the Brisbane Lions v Swans match tonight. I think the Reds should comfortably outdraw that match in the crowd stakes. Early prediction from me is 32,000.

I've been to a couple of Lions games this year and it's safe to say that people, apart from the true diehard supporters, have dropped off.

T

tranquility

When you look at the teams man on man the Brumbies don't look that bad. It is the Team side of things they are having trouble with. And that could click any time!

Yeah I don't really think that is the case anymore. I think their is a lot of dead wood in Canberra, and too many players with inflated reputations. Jake White will clear that up though. So many parallels between the current Brumbies situation and the Reds situation when Link came in.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers #Reds Cooper 69% (56 from 81); #Brumbies: Giteau 75% (46/59) #rugby #super15 #superrugby #REDvBRU
Ref stats:Williamson forced to award, per game average 19.2 pens (12.4 at ruck) 5.2 scrum resets & 3.6 scrum infringes #Reds #Brumbies #REDvBRU

Ref stats: Williamson 14 (1=most/highest) from 17 refs to award pens, 6th in ruck pens resets, 5th scrum resets #Reds #Brumbies #REDvBRU

#Reds on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 9.8 pens (8); 4.7 pens at ruck (15); 10.8 miss tackles (15) #REDvBRU

#Brumbies on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 8.8 pens (15); 6 pens at ruck (5); 12.7 miss tackles (12) #REDvBRU

G

GC

Good start from the Brumbies. Copper I think got smashed in the ruck. Looked dangerous.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Higginbotham at 7 could be a blessing for us...

He could've easily been penalised not long before that for offside...

The Reds might have their own Salvi...

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Very ordinary start from the Reds. It's like they've turned up expecting just to win easy instead of earning it.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Very ordinary start from the Reds. It's like they've turned up expecting just to win easy instead of earning it.

The Force did exactly that against the Brumbies (when they drew). The Force did the most relaxed warm up i've ever seen, i went to put a line bet on the Brumbies straight after. Then surprise-surprise the Brumbies crossed in the 4th minute. Then the Force woke up and quite easily defended the Brumbies attack for the rest of the game.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Geez, that Lucas try is like the opposite of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s disallowed try against the Tahs last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.