• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies, Lang Park, 2nd March 2018 @ 7:00pm AEST

Match result

• Brumbies win

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Reds win

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I'll take that win. No tries, scrappy, but the Reds were the better team. Congratulations to them.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I think the Reds might actually do better against the Kiwi teams than that would suggest. On that form, they might be able to drag the Kiwis into a wrestle and choke them of free-flowing ball. They probably won't beat them, too much class in the Kiwi teams, but I have hope that the 50 point drubbings might be over.

Outmuscling the Brumbies is an achievement in itself.

T

TOCC

That win will do that team wonders, 3 debutants in the team and plenty of rookies in the starting XV....

Some brave substitutions by Thorn I’ll give him credit for that. I wouldn’t have subbed Daugunu on for Paia’aua, and wouldn’t have pulled Tuttle when he did. He backed the young players off the bench, and it worked out for them.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think the Reds might actually do better against the Kiwi teams than that would suggest. On that form, they might be able to drag the Kiwis into a wrestle and choke them of free-flowing ball. They probably won't beat them, too much class in the Kiwi teams, but I have hope that the 50 point drubbings might be over.

Outmuscling the Brumbies is an achievement in itself.
Troo, Brumbies are the masters of borefest armwrestle style maul-wins. Good to see the Reds resist and beat them saffa style.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Some brave substitutions by Thorn I’ll give him credit for that.

Hell yes. They really are rotating the whole 23 through the game. Sooner or later that will be hit by an unexpected injury in the second half that requires creativity in the shuffle. But the young guns are being given faith, and they performed.

Good sign.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Man, honestly, to me it seems like Thorne can barely string a few sentences together. Probably a bit judgmental but hell he's head coach?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
What was the comentary 's take on the game? Being there, I didn't care we weren't scoring tries, I was absolutley glued to our defense, it was brutal to watch.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

I think this match lends to the coaching philosophy of Thorn and the decision to drop Quade... that game plan wasn’t one which Quade would have played, he potentially could have played it but it’s not his style. And his defence isn’t as good as Jono’s..

That’s not to say I agree with the decision... but a win always helps to justify controversial decisions

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What was the comentary 's take on the game? Being there, I didn't care we weren't scoring tries, I was absolutley glued to our defense, it was brutal to watch.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Set piece took them apart - taking the Brumbies on at their strength. They liked the young guns and brought forward JP Smith reserve prop as the bloke to talk to after the game. Nice touch.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Well done to the Reds. Ugly be it got the win.

I would even go as far as to say they humiliated the Brumbies. The baby Reds and a rookie coach just publicly pants the Brumbies.

The Brumbies were simply outplayed out coached and out smarted.

Status
Not open for further replies.