• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies, Lang Park, 2nd March 2018 @ 7:00pm AEST

Match result

• Brumbies win

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Reds win

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think this match lends to the coaching philosophy of Thorn and the decision to drop Quade. that game plan wasn’t one which Quade would have played, he potentially could have played it but it’s not his style. And his defence isn’t as good as Jono’s..

That’s not to say I agree with the decision. but a win always helps to justify controversial decisions

Nope.

And of course Quade could have played in that set up - a lot flatter than Jono and very positively behind a pack going forward. No his D would not have matched Jono. Bet we would have scored tries though.

OK. People are getting sick of my defending Quade. SO don't bring it up. Concentrate on how well the guys are going. but if it's comparative Quade - I am not backing off. Not all season. And next if he's still playing in QPR.

In the mean time, Jono is doing great at 10. I'm going to have to re-watch the game for Stewart's input, but I loved the impact of the young guns. Especially in the pack.

Take the win. We all should.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I’ll be interested to see how the Reds scrum goes against more notable teams at set piece, it was a real weapon tonight.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Brumbies will be devastated by that game. Two tries to nil, held up a couple of times, no score off the rolling maul, not one successful kick at goal.. nothing like the form shown last year. Thought Goodwin was their best, along with Powell. Backrowers were also not bad.

Ugly win from the Reds but what a gutsy effort and with so many rookies getting a run. I think some of the older players demonstrated why they are important to this team.

T

TOCC

Nope.

And of course Quade could have played in that set up - a lot flatter than Jono and very positively behind a pack going forward. No his D would not have matched Jono. Bet we would have scored tries though.

OK. People are getting sick of my defending Quade. SO don't bring it up. Concentrate on how well the guys are going. but if it's comparative Quade - I am not backing off. Not all season. And next if he's still playing in QPR.

In the mean time, Jono is doing great at 10. I'm going to have to re-watch the game for Stewart's input, but I loved the impact of the young guns. Especially in the pack.

Take the win. We all should.

My comments weren’t aimed at you... you don’t have to agree with them...
I still believe that the game plan wasn’t one which Quade would have played..

And again, it’s not to say a decision I agree with...

T

TOCC

Did Stewart get on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Don’t think so... I thought maybe for Toua in the last 10, but Toua was going quite well, his kicking was good and his work under the high ball was solid

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Brumbies will be devastated by that game. Two tries to nil, held up a couple of times, no score off the rolling maul, not one successful kick at goal.. nothing like the form shown last year. Thought Goodwin was their best, along with Powell. Backrowers were also not bad.

Ugly win from the Reds but what a gutsy effort and with so many rookies getting a run. I think some of the older players demonstrated why they are important to this team.

Yeah I thought Kane Douglas put in a nearly MotM performance. I don't know who the official MotM was but for the purists, Douglas was right up there. Not doing the flashy stuff but putting in the grunt work.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ah, what the? Does it mean something?

It means something to me every morning when I get up! Front rower = likely some degree of intervertebral disc compression = a little spasm of paravertebral or other muscles from time to time; you know, like after a 120kg missile hits it!
Just spitballing here. ;)

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah that was Timu's best game for the Reds by a long way, yellow excepted. The card was on the harsh side but not inconsistent with current standards. It's getting beyond a joke though - something needs to change with this Ref Roulette.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
It means something to me every morning when I get up! Front rower = likely some degree of intervertebral disc compression = a little spasm of paravertebral or other muscles from time to time; you know, like after a 120kg missile hits it!
Just spitballing here. ;)

Slipper has a history of serious back spasms. Not a good sign to be hit with them again so soon into his recovery from the ACL.

On the plus side, we wouldn't lose much by having JP Smith starting. He's been immense. Tens, trials and the first two Super games.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It would be good if Kerevi’s defence could improve as much as Tupou’s scrummaging has. Apart from Folau there’s probably no one else who threatens the line so regularly as Kerevi (at least at Super level), shame for his defence to be holding him back.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
It would be good if Kerevi’s defence could improve as much as Tupou’s scrummaging has. Apart from Folau there’s probably no one else who threatens the line so regularly as Kerevi (at least at Super level), shame for his defence to be holding him back.

What was wrong with Kerevi's defence tonight?!

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
OMG, skills were lacking tonight - perhaps it was the humidity. It was a pretty boring game with so many mistakes. Reds never looked like scoring, Brumbies should have scored three times. Brums goal kicking - crap. Just a nothing fest for me. Have any sides improved from last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
OMG, skills were lacking tonight - perhaps it was the humidity. It was a pretty boring game with so many mistakes. Reds never looked like scoring, Brumbies should have scored three times. Brums goal kicking - crap. Just a nothing fest for me. Have any sides improved from last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, did you not see the three to six times the Reds were literally millimeters from scoring (if not having actually scored only to be denied by the referee).

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
1e6108f061657f4ae8b5f0c8e8d067ee.gif

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Um, did you not see the three to six times the Reds were literally millimeters from scoring (if not having actually scored only to be denied by the referee).

Rubbish. The Reds managed to not score. Ref had little to do with it. And they will need to learn how to get the ball over the line.

Rejoice in a W. Should be enough for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.