• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies, Lang Park, 2nd March 2018 @ 7:00pm AEST

Match result

• Brumbies win

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Reds win

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reds looking much better than last week, but we really need to put some more points on the board. Good attack without result can be more draining then defence sometimes

Yes, they have not converted a couple of opportunities. Brumby D is solid.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is this the worst game of rugby union I've ever witnessed?

Possibly.............

If this continues I'll stick with the women's AFL.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes, they have not converted a couple of opportunities. Brumby D is solid.

I always worry after situations like this that when the team that's held out in d for so long gets a bit of ball it's ike the shackles come off and they run riot. Often takes the other side a little while to switch into a defensive mindset which doesn't help.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No because once the onfield referee has made a decision of ‘no try’ the TMO needs almost irrefutable evidence to overturn that onfield decision.

Well, if they don't definitely see a try onfield they can't just say "Yeah, I reckon........., let's call it a try". I maintain these situations are on the TMO's shoulders, and George, as the TMO, has the ultimate say. You obviously feel differently. Fair enough.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Australian defensive lines are so fucking slow. Wake up fluffybunnys, refs don't ref the offside line for shit. Be offside.

T

TOCC

Ahhh yep... ignore the previous clean outs and tackles, this is the one we will focus on

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It's gonna be a loooong year with the tackle situation I think. Unless the players wise up - you just cannot tackle that way.

T

TOCC

What a fucken joke, 2 head highs from the brumbies, some dubious bloody clean outs by Arnold, and the Reds are the ones down a man.

Like I said last week, happy for them to be strict on the tackles and punish severely, but they need to do it consistently... and right now it’s not consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.