• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd 5, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah he punched a guy in the NRC but that doesn't make him a dirty player. Unless you're willing to concede that Moore is a right grub? Didn't think so. Best to leave it there and move on.

Reactions: gel

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You were too quick on the edit Slim! ;) Just re watched it again as I was certain White had joined the ruck. He was initially trying to pick the ball up but Gill was too so he puts his head down and gives Gill a nudge and at that point he is in the ruck and no longer the halfback. Gill was well within his rights to clean him out, just not in the manner that he did.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Sorry mst but yours is also a ridiculous comment. The half back when you are talking in terms of the player being protected, is the guy at the back of the ruck about to play the ball, not the guy with a 9 on his jersey. White had joined the ruck and was no longer the half back for that ruck and accordingly not 'protected'.
If that's what Larkham was talking about then he is incorrect.

If on the other hand he was talking in general and he holds a belief that players that wear a 9 on their backs are meant to somehow be 'protected' then he is also incorrect.

In both cases it was a ridiculous comment.

Larkham wasn't speaking generally about a well known rule. He was speaking specifically about a particular incident. What Gill did was wrong, but not because of who he did it to.

Sorry, where is the argument about if he was the half-back at the time? I haven't seen any statement. quote or even debate yet about the if he was or wasn't the halfback, except for your interpretation.

I believe that the Brumbies, from their interpretation believe that he was the halfback, which the citing commissioner will have regard to in his deliberation.

I acknowledge that you have a good understanding of the game, but really, taking a partial quote from a newspaper and calling it ridiculous when it comes to player safety.......

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't he punch someone in the NRC and someone on here said he has brain snaps and does dumb things.

Edit:- I went back and read the above posts, so it seems as stated above when he loses his shit he brain farts in a massive way..
Like the left foot "clearing kick" from the back of a 5 metre defending lineout in the 2013 match against the Canes.

(01:45 in the clip below).

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If Larkham wasn't talking about the incident with Gill when he stated that they would be referring the incident to the citing commissioner and that he believed that halfbacks were supposed to be protected then what was he talking about?

I understand that you're dirty with what Gill did to white. It was dangerous and deserved to be citied. Larkham was fine to say everything that he did, but his last comment about halfbacks being protected was ridiculous.

I am almost certain that the judiciary will consider that Gill lifted a player, inverted them and failed to return them to the ground safely. That's it.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah he punched a guy in the NRC but that doesn't make him a dirty player. Unless you're willing to concede that Moore is a right grub? Didn't think so. Best to leave it there and move on.

Jesus, I never said he was dirty, but for such a young player, his doing dumb shit. When was it brought up about Moore.

Stumpy

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought Ben Alexander was sensational last night. The best player on the field. I think it's a good sign to see the big unit is getting a bit of form back. Two meat pies, solid scrummaging and plenty of effort elsewhere on the paddock.

B

Bobby Sands

Remember the last move, face to face against Henry Speight. He couldn't reach the ingoal because Speight is stronger than him

No doubt. But he's 18! and the cupboard is bare. Cambell probably wasn't even supposed to play this year.

B

Bobby Sands

I thought Ben Alexander was sensational last night. The best player on the field. I think it's a good sign to see the big unit is getting a bit of form back. Two meat pies, solid scrummaging and plenty of effort elsewhere on the paddock.

Never again at Wallaby level, is my only hope. He is a sensational super rugby player however.

B

Bobby Sands

And which TH (Kepu aside, obviously) on current form is going to replace him?

I would prefer almost anyone. Weeks, Faulkner, Slipper at a pinch (with Sio), Holmes.

Literally anyone, he is a liability.

B

Bobby Sands

Alexander can't scrum, have we not learned this?

He plays like a backrower which is great, but he can't scrum. It's that simple isn't it?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alexander can't scrum, have we not learned this?

First, dumb comment...........

Second, your answer is to replace him with guys who can't scrummage any better simply because you don't like him?

Kepu is going to be the starting TH for the Wobs, but so far Alexander is the best performing backup..............

So if you're going to make the statement that he should never play for Australia again, I'd like you to put forward who should replace him and why.

As Dumbles mentioned, Weeks is a maybe.......... but he hasn't been much better in the scrum, and he has a far less workrate..........

B

Bobby Sands

I would honestly prefer, as I previously said, to have Weeks, or Faulkner, or Slipper to play tight with Sio to play loose. How is that not clear?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slipper is not going to play at TH.......... let that go.

Weeks hasn't been scrummaging any better than Alexander so far........... but I would have him as a maybe.

Faulkner - you can't state that Alexander can't scrummage and then suggest Faulkner and expect me to take you seriously.............

Status
Not open for further replies.