• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Cheetahs, Rnd 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Why do South African sides still think it is effective for the ball carrier to have some nitwit holding onto the back of his shirt?

Jeez and that wasn't even offside

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
According to the Marto, playing the Lions is equivalent to having the bye.

A after that drop kick attempt and another dropped ball in front of the try line... The Reds are fucked then...
I'm just glade my second team is the Brumbies so i have someone to cheer for before i lower myself and support the Tahs....:p

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well on that performance I don't want to see Ben Daley on the team sheet again. We got dished up on every cheetahs scrum feed he packed in.

Good player around the field and part of the 2011 team but not up to it at the moment. Gift 3 points at any scrum in our own half. Anae and Owen's for mine, they stood up against the lions scrum very well.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I think the Reds stooped to the Cheetahs level and it almost cost them.

I'm not sure who improved more from last week after that match. 43 points looks good but conceding 33 is worrying and it seems the defence is on the decline after such a performance in the opening match.

Plenty to work on for the Reds.

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well that was rubbish. The Reds were really poor tonight. The decision making was ridiculously poor, led by their two senior back line guys in Genia & Cooper. How many poor kicks and stupid passes were there between those two.
I usually love watching the Reds but it was frustrating to watch tonight. I was gonna say that they should never have allowed the Cheetahs to get a bonus point for being within 7 but I see they didn't in the end. Nevertheless, to let them score 4 tries was poor.
The Cheetahs are rubbish - a poor shadow of what they were last year. I don't think there are too many teams worried about the Cheetahs the way they are playing at the moment.
The Reds will get thrashed by the Sharks next week unless there is some soul-searching.
Well done to C.F Sautia. Good game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cheetahs didn't score 4 tries.

Was nonetheless a bizarre effort from the Reds. Just all over the shop. Whatever it was, it definitely wasn't good.

They need to take the bonus point win and improve. A lot.

At least the Cheetahs got no bonus points, I guess. Their season is looking close to over already.

Status
Not open for further replies.