• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Cheetahs, Rnd 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Vrystaat

15. Hennie Daniller
14. Rayno Benjamin
13. Johann Sadie
12. Francois Venter
11. Willie le Roux
10. Johan Goosen
9. Shaun Venter

8. Philip van der Walt
7. Lappies Labuschagne
6. Boom Prinsloo
5. Francois Uys
4. Lood de Jager
3. Maks van Dyk
2. Adriaan Strauss (c)
1. Caylib Oosthuizen

Replacements:
16. Ryno Barnes
17. Trevor Nyakane
18. Rossouw de Klerk
19. Ligtoring Landman
20. Jean Cook
21. Sarel Pretorius
22. Elgar Watts
23. Cornal Hendricks

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No Rhule?

Strauss and the loosies are the threat from their pack, when they hunt together they can blow people off the ball.

Weaker backline than last year, particularly with an out of form Goosen.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No Rhule?

Strauss and the loosies are the threat from their pack, when they hunt together they can blow people off the ball.

Weaker backline than last year, particularly with an out of form Goosen.

Like the look of F Venter at 12 though. Could be a problem for the Reds tonight.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hmmmmmm Must be on the coats then. Not raining where I am either but then it hasn't rained here for months.....

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I went for a run this morning and there was about a minute of really light drizzle and that was it. Sun shower really.

That'll do for the day I think.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Like the look of F Venter at 12 though. Could be a problem for the Reds tonight.

Meh, I'd take Ebersohn back over him any day of the week. Sure, Robert had some personal tackling issues (he's a very small 12). But, he was a great organizer of the back line on both sides of the ball and was absolutely electric on attack.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, agree @USARugger.

R. Ebersohn was a huge loss to that Cheetahs backline. Venter has more defensive issues than Ebersohn I think, Venter looks a bit larger and a stronger runner, but that's about it really when you think what Venter has over Ebersohn.

Who knows what Cheetahs team will turn up tonight; but the Cheetahs teams from the last two games have been very poor.

Same goes for the Reds: last week they were very poor. Having watched a replay of the Reds v Waratahs, it was a combination of the Tahs being very good and Reds being very poor. Even when the Reds have been poor in the past (particularly in the first few games of the year) they have kept themselves in the game and squeaked wins. Not this time - Tahs too good.

If the good Reds show up, I think they will have enough at home.

If the good Cheetahs show up and the bad Reds show up, it will be a long night for the Reds.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Reds pack needs to fire up and give it to the cheetahs. Get them on the back foot early and without Coonie their confidence may fall to terminal levels, then let the speed at the back put them to the sword.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I like the Mothers names on the back of the Reds jerseys, nice touch.

Both teams looking to hit back after ordinary stuff last round, should be a good game.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I thought kicking the ball out of a player's hands is hit and go with the penalty offence, but a yellow card - really?

Status
Not open for further replies.