• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Hurricanes RD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Don't apologise Ash.

There are plenty of Gaggerlanders who are starved of Live footy. They rely on updates and running commentary such as yours.

Great effort Sir.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That was a woeful last 25 minutes from the Reds.

And the 55 before that weren't much to write about either.

How many idiot plays were there to almost gift the Canes the match?

There is a win on the points table though and a massive hoodoo broken. And I had us minus 5 on the punt so that's a bonus.

Just hope they can improve a hell of a lot in the next week or the Rebels fans will be the ones celebrating this time next week. They should almost start favourites.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Just hope they can improve a hell of a lot in the next week or the Rebels fans will be the ones celebrating this time next week. They should almost start favourites.

Bit unlucky the Canes, bit of poor execution more precisely.
Reds move on to the Rebels and Force (if only..) , Hurricanes move onto the Crusaders and Highlanders.. Lose those two and it's almost season over for the Canes.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
An untidy match - not helped by a lot of rain and slippery surface. Whilst the Hurricanes murdered a lot of opportunities at the end, credit has to be given to the Reds defence that was again, relentless. This caused the 'Canes to push passes and take risks in order to play catch up. The Reds defence is simply outstanding and puts a lot of pressure on opponents. Now the Reds are 2 from 3 and building nicely whilst they await the return of their two big guns and leaders. More than anything at the moment, they are missing the cool heads and leadership of Big Kev and Sanchez.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Of course you would. Remind me of your feelings toward QC (Quade Cooper) there qwerty. Actually, don't. We all know what they are. Now can we actually talk some rugby?

The Reds did their best to lose that one. The backrow was immense again, and the scrum was quite solid. But geez it was heart in mouth stuff. A win is a win though, so I'll take it.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
In his post-match interview in the Stadium with the Reds aGround staff (not the Foxtel coverage), did Tapuai say "the boys kept fcuking up"? Sure sounded like it.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Actually, did Quade injure himself about the 50 minute mark? He looked to limping there for quite a while (like, until the end of the game).

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Caxton street was almost as shit as the reds.

Quade needs to clean up his game and fast. Toua not great at the back. Quirk of the kickoffs was fucking amazing.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Very very messy game, Reds didn't show much at all and Hurricanes kept bombing chance after chance. Quade had a shocker right down to the pass near the end, it is moves like that which will keep the voice his critics very strong.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bloody scrappy game, was going to go into it too but have told myself not to bother going to Suncorp while they have the idiot on mike there, and bthe canned cheering. Can't get over how well Reds loosies are going, reckon at moment Gill is form 7 in OZ and Quirk the same at 6. Did QC (Quade Cooper) kick ball over dead ball line at end of game or throw it over?? I didn't really see properly, but thought he'd thrown it back, but would of been a penalty, and I can't be bothered looking through game again, so thought someone on here would tell me.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Very very messy game, Reds didn't show much at all and Hurricanes kept bombing chance after chance. Quade had a shocker right down to the pass near the end, it is moves like that which will keep the voice his critics very strong.

He was poor at the end (both teams were) but he was quite solid for the first three quarters of the game. Conditions played their part.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Bloody scrappy game, was going to go into it too but have told myself not to bother going to Suncorp while they have the idiot on mike there, and bthe canned cheering. Can't get over how well Reds loosies are going, reckon at moment Gill is form 7 in OZ and Quirk the same at 6. Did QC (Quade Cooper) kick ball over dead ball line at end of game or throw it over?? I didn't really see properly, but thought he'd thrown it back, but would of been a penalty, and I can't be bothered looking through game again, so thought someone on here would tell me.

He kicked it into touch. I wondered about that. I thought it would have been a 5 metre scrum despite the fact the game was over.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well done Reds. The Canes were woeful aside from Savea. Neither team will be title contenders at this stage.
Not outstanding contenders, but there is a lot to say for a team that can win Ugly like the Reds have the last two weeks. If they can win their bad games then hopfully it is a matter of time until they start to click and then they will be looking good.

Reactions: tic
Status
Not open for further replies.