• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Hurricanes RD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

something

Jim Clark (26)
I reckon Toua was out of his depth. CFS not so much I thought considering he was up against Smith. He was quiet but solid in defense! When ant comes back I'd like CFS to be in the starting 22 as the outside backs reserve.

I don't like it when Frisby comes on, he just looks confused and doesn't keep his eye on the ball. Too many easy and unnecessary turn overs!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Bloody scrappy game, was going to go into it too but have told myself not to bother going to Suncorp while they have the idiot on mike there, and bthe canned cheering.

I'm right with you there Dan, annoys the hell out of me. I'll get a long to a game or two but I didn't renew my membership this year because I didn't want to face this carry on all season again. Let the game be the entertainment, let the crowd cheer & chant when they want to & when it's warranted.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm right with you there Dan, annoys the hell out of me. I'll get a long to a game or two but I didn't renew my membership this year because I didn't want to face this carry on all season again. Let the game be the entertainment, let the crowd cheer & chant when they want to & when it's warranted.
He was an annoying tool last week when I was there, which is a shame, as you hardly need a clown shouting at you every 5 minutes with 35K in the stands. The guy at the SFS last year was a pain as well, but seemed to shout less often. ;)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Or he's suffering a bad case of Waratahitis.

I am starting to think there is something in the water in Sydney. Like a bug that destroys the part fo your brain that is supposed to switch on when you play rugby.

Whatever the antidote, Cheika seems to have accidetally stumbled into it at hlf time. He needs to bottle it.

I can't believe that he will tolerate Carter for much longer. It's like someone hits the slow button on the remote every time he gets near the ball. Seriously he is slower than the average loos forward.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
He was an annoying tool last week when I was there, which is a shame, as you hardly need a clown shouting at you every 5 minutes with 35K in the stands. The guy at the SFS last year was a pain as well, but seemed to shout less often. ;)

I get all goosebumpy & hair standing on back of the neck when a crowd gets going by itself, it's one of the great appeals of seeing sport live in a stadium and has gotten me excited since I was a kid.
This clown with his commercial radio trained voice screaming at decibels that drowns out organic crowd noise makes me cringe & leaves me feeling a bit embarrassed. Ah for the old days.....

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Overhyped?
Didn't Hooper almost get Wallaby of the year, despite starting with the Wobs half way through the season?
Gill is lucky to be on the bench in a mid week tour game ATM.
If Hooper was a Qlder he would be hailed as the new messiah.

Blah blah blah. More state rivalry bullshit over Wallaby jerseys. Both fantastic young players and credit to them both. Hooper was fortunate to get first crack and he did fantastic when he got the chance. I have no doubt if the chance was reversed Gill also would have shone.

I fail to understand why when we give a young player a wrap we have to give an opponent a bagging.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

That bloke is a muppet. An annoying muppet. Funny last week when I was at the Tahs game and he started the We are Red chant the lady in the seat next to me said not this crap again. That was in the members section.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Horrible game but some good individual pefromances in it. I think Simmons really stood up last night. His lineout work and general work rate were excellent. The front row stood up at set piece including Saia Fainga'a. Quirk again was awsome.

We take the win and move on.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
That game was awful, lucky it was a hoodoo breaker for the Reds.
Liam Gill was the best on ground even though that kick was a shocker he made up for it with that tackle at the end.
Simmons, Schatz & Holmes where also very good.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I'm right with you there Dan, annoys the hell out of me. I'll get a long to a game or two but I didn't renew my membership this year because I didn't want to face this carry on all season again.

Honestly, I find those "Volvo rev meters" worse than Dan. It was a good gimmick for the first couple of games last year but now it just shits me off. It's even worse when they put it on the big-screens if we in the "red zone" causing 3/4 of the audience not being able to see whats going on!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I can't believe that he will tolerate Carter for much longer. It's like someone hits the slow button on the remote every time he gets near the ball. Seriously he is slower than the average loos forward.

Toilet humour?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Honestly, I find those "Volvo rev meters" worse than Dan. It was a good gimmick for the first couple of games last year but now it just shits me off. It's even worse when they put it on the big-screens if we in the "red zone" causing 3/4 of the audience not being able to see whats going on!

Yeah - the Volvo red-meter thing is total crap.

But I don't mind the "We are Red" bloke. There's been a lot more excitement & buzz around the ground since he turned up in 2010.

Sure, our results have been better but who's to say that's not from a revved up ground cheering the boys home?

It's no different than "Lets go Broncos, or Queens-land-er" and it sure as hell beats the silence of Wallabies matches.

All winter long we'll hear about how the Lions fans make all this noise while the Aussies sit back with no answer.

I think the ARU should hire that bloke to go nationwide inciting people to chant "Wal-la-bies! Wal-la-bies!" or some other 3 word or syllable phrase.

"Go the Gold" anyone?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I thought our backrow was impressive again, Gilly (apart from his kick) was amazing again. Quirky was good as well.
O'Donoghue and Simmons paired well, and they both needed too. When Horwill comes back I think it will be Wallace-Harrison who drops out, and not O'Donoghue.

In the backs, it was unfortunate Toua didnt grab his opportunity, Morahan has to start next week.

T

tranquility

I reckon Toua was out of his depth. CFS not so much I thought considering he was up against Smith. He was quiet but solid in defense! When ant comes back I'd like CFS to be in the starting 22 as the outside backs reserve.

I don't like it when Frisby comes on, he just looks confused and doesn't keep his eye on the ball. Too many easy and unnecessary turn overs!

Now he didn't have a great game, that's granted. But why take this view? It was his first run on game, he was clearly nervous and unconfident of his place in the team. Therefor he was generally cautious, and made some silly errors. The very same thing happened to Taps before he felt comfortable in the team. Does that mean he's not up to standard? Not at all. Hopefully he gets another crack next week, and he can build on that performance - because Mozz looked very good when he came on.

Frisby is a good player, but he is also our third half and only 21ish. He is a very attacking player, and a playmaker in his own right. This is not the norm for a 9, but when you have a creative 9 who has figured out his game you are infinitely more dangerous. Lucas is a complete juxtaposition, he doesn't snipe at all really, looks to clear the ball quickly and is a great defender. While he might be a far better option at the moment (and I agree that he is), I feel that Frisby will be the much better number nine.

Also Gill is the messiah.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez Tang,please no, not at tests, I don't know about "lets go Broncos" or "Qlder" etc as I never go to League. No body minds a little encouragement from a man on mike, but there is a limit, and then they play canned "we are Reds" to top it off!! But anyway like I said it has just put me off going to Reds games anymore, I usually do about 5-6 a season since I stopped being a member, but I may just be a grumpy old bugger anywayo_O Let the crowd find there own cheering I say.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Geez Tang,please no, not at tests, I don't know about "lets go Broncos" or "Qlder" etc as I never go to League. No body minds a little encouragement from a man on mike, but there is a limit, and then they play canned "we are Reds" to top it off!! But anyway like I said it has just put me off going to Reds games anymore, I usually do about 5-6 a season since I stopped being a member, but I may just be a grumpy old bugger anywayo_O Let the crowd find there own cheering I say.

That bloke just makes the experience artificial in my view. Going to the rugby has a special vibe as it is and they don't need somebody like that trying to rev up the crowd. When you flock to a rugby ground with a big crowd the atmosphere takes care of itself. The we are red chant is a bit bodgy anyway. It doesn't role off the tongue well and never lasts when they try to get it going.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Now he didn't have a great game, that's granted. But why take this view? It was his first run on game, he was clearly nervous and unconfident of his place in the team. Therefor he was generally cautious, and made some silly errors. The very same thing happened to Taps before he felt comfortable in the team. Does that mean he's not up to standard? Not at all. Hopefully he gets another crack next week, and he can build on that performance - because Mozz looked very good when he came on.

Also Gill is the messiah.

Yeah that is a fair comment. I didnt mean Toua is out of his depth in general, but just in that game & i probably should have specified that. I was just hoping for a bigger game and i too reckon he deserves another chance, but Morahan was really good off the bench and its good to see so much competition in the outside backs.

Gill is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.