• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Hurricanes RD3

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah that is a fair comment. I didnt mean Toua is out of his depth in general, but just in that game & i probably should have specified that. I was just hoping for a bigger game and i too reckon he deserves another chance, but Morahan was really good off the bench and its good to see so much competition in the outside backs.

Gill is great.
Morahan had that "x factor" look to him, I never rated Davies, but your heart started to pump when he came on the field and something was going to happen.

Morahan looked dangerous and ready to perform as soon as he stepped onto the field. I would definately start him at 15 next week.

T

tranquility

If Ant is back, he may well come through the bench. Although for the health of our side, he still has to be our first choice 13. Sautia has had a great start to the year, but he must earn the spot on merit, not potential.

Moz looked awesome, didn't he? However we must take into account that he was playing against tired bodies as the game was opening up.
Will be very interesting what Link does, as he generally makes the correct decision in the long run - which can seem ambiguous in the sprint.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I am still of the opinion that Morahan has the potential to become a wallaby great. Not many guys around with his combination of skill, size and speed.

T

tranquility

I am still of the opinion that Morahan has the potential to become a wallaby great. Not many guys around with his combination of skill, size and speed.

Completely agree. He has great footwork as well, and can change his line as he gets the ball if required. He can't pass or kick very well though, which means he can't really be a complete 13 or 15.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Mortlock couldn't kick for shit and I won't list the players who have worn the Wallabies 13 recently with a worse pass lest i offend everybody.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
What did everyone on here think of Steve Walsh barging into Conrad Smith?

I only saw it on a replay after being told about it, but gee it looked strange, I've never seen a ref run into a player with such force. If I didn't know better I could've sworn Walsh raised his forearm into the collision too. Seriously one of the weirdest things I've seen in a long time.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
What did everyone on here think of Steve Walsh barging into Conrad Smith?

I only saw it on a replay after being told about it, but gee it looked strange, I've never seen a ref run into a player with such force. If I didn't know better I could've sworn Walsh raised his forearm into the collision too. Seriously one of the weirdest things I've seen in a long time.

T

tranquility

Nothing in it. Smith was behind, and he was "marching" the 10. I like Walsh as a ref.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah nothing in it, Smith just in the wrong place. If you watch replay you'll see SW apologising!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
As an aside, I am impressed the Reds supporters are engaging with Link's very limited (and smart) game plans

He had strips torn off him at the Tahs when he did the same stuff at the Tahs

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
As an aside, I am impressed the Reds supporters are engaging with Link's very limited (and smart) game plans

He had strips torn off him at the Tahs when he did the same stuff at the Tahs

I hadn't actually noticed that FP. But now that you mention it - you make a very interesting point!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Reds fans are happy to win regularly after years in the abyss. Not always pretty wins but they occur often enough. I think if the Tahs have the same success after a few years going downhill it will be a similar story.

M

Muttonbird

Nothing in it. Smith was behind, and he was "marching" the 10. I like Walsh as a ref.
He did raise a forearm, right into the throat in fact. Have you ever seen a ref treat any player, let alone a captain, like that? Walsh need to be stepped down for a couple I think.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
He clearly pushed him off and used his arm to do it. He didn't just bump into him as happens from time to time. Steve's immediate apology IMO demonstrates that he thought he stepped over the mark in what happened. I had no sound when I watched the game live so didn't hear the apology. And both Snakey and Hammer have come out and said its all good. So it really is the end of it I hope.

Walsh was poor though. The game was as ugly as hell from both sides, and Walsh tried to take command but he reverted to some of the crap we saw when he was struggling off field - ie some of the arrogant talk and body language towards players. I usually don't mind Walsh and think he's a decent enough ref but he failed to take control and the game and his performance denigrated.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't believe people are evening questioning Walsh's push on Conrad. What if it was the other way around? No one would think twice.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Why on earth would a ref want to elbow a player in the throat? There was nothing in it. Accidental contact for which he apologised immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.