• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Sharks Rnd 4 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK. I don't think that there is much that I can add after all of the above.

Lucas played very well at 10. Pity he and Harris are both on their way home. Hammy's. Harris actually hurt his in the Rebs game so am not really surprised. Curious that Genia was taking the kicks. Do I remember Frisby kicking for goal somewhere in the past, or was I hallucinating?

Diggers seems to be getting his mojo back. Something to do with the better ball service from Lucas I would expect. I have no issue if Diggers is suspended for 2 weeks. I have banged on about lifting tackles enough for you all to know my opinion. His continued leg drive after lifting the player is not going to do him any favours.

Sharks played well. Reds played well for 70 mins and had a little nap in the first half that lost the game for them.

I would actually say that the reds have shown some improvement for this game. The breaks by Diggers, Lucas and Davies showed that they are getting back to the game plan that we know and love.

T

tranquility

Suckerforred, I really enjoy your input on this board. Especially as you are a Reds tragic like myself, so inevitably our posts end up in the same threads. However, without being sexist - how do you know so much about rugby considering you are a member of the fairer sex?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Suckerforred, I really enjoy your input on this board. Especially as you are a Reds tragic like myself, so inevitably our posts end up in the same threads. However, without being sexist - how do you know so much about rugby considering you are a member of the fairer sex?

OK. Have been watching it for a very long time now, and my nature is to understand what I am doing/watching so have tended to study the game. By study I mean record games, even those I am not supporting a participant, and watch in slow motion if I don't understand something that has happened or a call that hass been made so that I can understand better. Also have a tendance to read, listen and watch a lot of people who may or may not know better then I. Don't say I know everything but am willing to look a fool a ask the questions if I don't. Listen to everything and draw my own conclusions, and be willing to change my mind if I am proved to err.

With regards to the laws, my study is the ones that are designed to reduce injury. I really started to watch the game when I was doing my Ambo training as a way of studying mechanism of injury. When you are watching plays frame by frame to work out how an injury occured you tend to pick up the subtles of how the game works, legal and illegal. That is also why I tend to like the detail on exactly what the injuries are.

Would have dearly liked to play, but welll.... as I have said else where, it was frowned upon when I was younger and now I am to broken curtsey of netball, motor bikes, horses, cattle and an older brother.

Thinks for you complement. Or at least it was a complement. You should read Cat_A and AngrySeaHorse - two probably more knowledgable ladies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
OK. Have been watching it for a very long time now, and my nature is to understand what I am doing/watching so have tended to study the game. By study I mean record games, even those I am not supporting a participant, and watch in slow motion if I don't understand something that has happened or a call that hass been made so that I can understand better. Also have a tendance to read, listen and watch a lot of people who may or may not know better then I. Don't say I know everything but am willing to look a fool a ask the questions if I don't. Listen to everything and draw my own conclusions, and be willing to change my mind if I am proved to err.

With regards to the laws, my study is the ones that are designed to reduce injury. I really started to watch the game when I was doing my Ambo training as a way of studying mechanism of injury. When you are watching plays frame by frame to work out how an injury occured you tend to pick up the subtles of how the game works, legal and illegal. That is also why I tend to like the detail on exactly what the injuries are.

Would have dearly liked to play, but welll.... as I have said else where, it was frowned upon when I was younger and now I am to broken curtsey of netball, motor bikes, horses, cattle and an older brother.

Thinks for you complement. Or at least it was a complement. You should read Cat_A and AngrySeaHorse - two probably more knowledgable ladies.

You flatter us, lol.

I'm sure you would've made an awesome Rugby player SFR. If you could have your time again & had been allowed to play Rugby what position do you think you would've liked to play? A lot of people underestimate the damage Netball does to ankles & knees. I have never played Netball but I have a mate of mine who plays prop & her ankles both have to be taped for rugby training & games
now thanks to her Netball playing days.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
You flatter us, lol.

I'm sure you would've made an awesome Rugby player SFR. If you could have your time again & had been allowed to play Rugby what position do you think you would've liked to play? A lot of people underestimate the damage Netball does to ankles & knees. I have never played Netball but I have a mate of mine who plays prop & her ankles both have to be taped for rugby training & games
now thanks to her Netball playing days.

Actually did pack a couple of training scrums at uni as prop, both THP & LHP, but blew my knee in a netball game so that didn't go far. I can't even contemplate playing, with strapping. Always thought I was lucky as I was one who dislocated rather then broke bones, but am now learning that perhaps that is not the case. As to where I would play now if I could.... probably THP.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought the reds played pretty well. Given the conditions, the reds threw the ball around and looked pretty frightening in attack. Our forwards scrummaged well (I missed why they went to rugby league scrums though, what was that?) and higgers was fearsome in attack and defense. Lucas was incredible and Harris looked way more comfortable in the centers.

Sharks were out of recognised props. I think they were playing with both hookers and a prop in the font row by the end.

Just remembered the questions being asked and no one answering a few pages back.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
On twitter.

I have created a new thread on Digby's ban, so if you could direct all comments there please.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
His hips were lifted above his head and Diggers continued his leg drive as he brought him down. Them's the rules. You can't do it.
Thanks sussie, you sure is one of the best Aussie posters around on this forum. Rules are quite straight forward about this tackle and looks guilty as charge. 5 Weeks a bit harsh but thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.