• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Stormers, Newlands 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Bekker is out with a back injury for 6 - 8 weeks..

Supersport

The full DHL Stormers injury update is as follows:

New injuries (from the Rebels match):

- Hooker/flank Deon Fourie (fractured ribs – two-three weeks)
- Hooker Scarra Ntubeni (hamstring tear, grade two – two-three weeks)
- Prop Pat Cilliers (ankle, grade two ligament tear – minimum six weeks)
- Prop Frans Malherbe (ankle, syndesmosis tear – will be operated on tomorrow, not less than ten weeks – could be out long-term)
- Lock Andries Bekker (back, grade one disc tear – six-eight weeks)
- Centre Juan de Jongh (fracture in his ring finger – high up in the joint – minimum three weeks)

Back from injury this week:

- Hooker Tiaan Liebenberg (elbow)

Already out/long-term injuries:

- Lock De Kock Steenkamp (chest – needs another week or two)
- Lock Ruan Botha (ankle – fit for the Currie Cup)
- Flank Michael Rhodes (ankle, syndesmosis – should be back by the last week or two of league action)
- Flank Rynhardt Elstadt (knee – should be back by the last week or two of league action)
- No.8 Duane Vermeulen (knee – should be back by the last week or two of league action)
- Flyhalf Peter Grant (ankle, syndesmosis – definitely not back before the June Test break)
- Fullback Jaco Taute (knee – out for the rest of the season)
Long-term injuries – players that have not played yet in 2013:
- Prop Deon Carstens (retirement – neck)
- Flank Schalk Burger (calf, illness)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I think I have found a strategy for the Stormers to score tries. All they need is a Nonu, Kaino and a McCaw

kiwi_zps0b407115.jpg
Is this a draughts game?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Time for the Stormers to move on and blood young ones like Pat Howard, Kobus van Wyk, Gerbrandt Grobler and bring back Brachie and Coleman.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Time for the Stormers to move on and blood young ones like Pat Howard, Kobus van Wyk, Gerbrandt Grobler and bring back Brachie and Coleman.

Time to blood new coaches you can blood all the players you want but the coaches need to go.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Time to blood new coaches you can blood all the players you want but the coaches need to go.

Fleck needs to go, no doubt. The basics of backline play has been hopeless for a long time now.

Proudfoot and Nienaber should be safe. The forwards and defence have been good under their watch.

I can understand that Coetzee is under pressure, but I would give him chance to show that he can learn from this season. Under his coaching the stormers have made three consecutive home semi-finals and yes they have failed to build from there, but I would rather that they build on what is there then starting from scratch again.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow; if the Reds can't win with a near full strength side and the Stormers so weakened, it's not good for the Reds' chances this year. Reds need this game and the Rebels to guarantee a finals spot.

Will be interesting to see how their defence holds up with so many flankers gone, and Du Jongh gone.

Also will be interesting to see how their lineout goes with Bekker out.

Lucky that Liebenberg is back for the Stormers.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fleck needs to go, no doubt. The basics of backline play has been hopeless for a long time now.

Proudfoot and Nienaber should be safe. The forwards and defence have been good under their watch.

I can understand that Coetzee is under pressure, but I would give him chance to show that he can learn from this season. Under his coaching the stormers have made three consecutive home semi-finals and yes they have failed to build from there, but I would rather that they build on what is there then starting from scratch again.

What more chance should he get? With that roster and the record he has? What can he possible do that he hasn't? He has not grown as a coach, especially when it comes to attack.

Send Kitshoff, Nienaber, Vermeulen, Kolisi and Aplon up north and the rest can stay down south and fuck around for another year. Those guys are all bing wasted.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers: 15. Joe Pietersen, 14. Gio Aplon, 13. Jean de Villiers (c), 12. Damian de Allende, 11. Bryan Habana, 10. Elton Jantjies, 9. Louis Schreuder, 8. Nizaam Carr, 7. Don Armand, 6. Siya Kolisi, 5. Eben Etzebeth, 4. Gerbrandt Grobler, 3. Brok Harris, 2. Tiaan Liebenberg, 1. Steven Kitshoff.
Replacements: 16. Martin Bezuidenhout, 17. Chris Heiberg, 18. Marius Coetzer, 19. Rohan Kitshoff, 20. Dewaldt Duvenage, 21. Gary van Aswegen, 22. Gerhard van den Heever

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Wow; if the Reds can't win with a near full strength side and the Stormers so weakened, it's not good for the Reds' chances this year. Reds need this game and the Rebels to guarantee a finals spot.

Will be interesting to see how their defence holds up with so many flankers gone, and Du Jongh gone.

Also will be interesting to see how their lineout goes with Bekker out.

Lucky that Liebenberg is back for the Stormers.
Lineouts will be fine with Gerbrandt Grobler and Ysterbeth, Armand also a good jumper, played lock a few times.Defense will also be fine with de Allende in 12. Stormers by 1 now.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Stormers: 15. Joe Pietersen, 14. Gio Aplon, 13. Jean de Villiers (c), 12. Damian de Allende, 11. Bryan Habana, 10. Elton Jantjies, 9. Louis Schreuder, 8. Nizaam Carr, 7. Don Armand, 6. Siya Kolisi, 5. Eben Etzebeth, 4. Gerbrandt Grobler, 3. Brok Harris, 2. Tiaan Liebenberg, 1. Steven Kitshoff.
Replacements: 16. Martin Bezuidenhout, 17. Chris Heiberg, 18. Marius Coetzer, 19. Rohan Kitshoff, 20. Dewaldt Duvenage, 21. Gary van Aswegen, 22. Gerhard van den Heever

Not good, not good at all. Forward depth is absolute destroyed by injuries, but those back reserve are terrible. WTF must Van Aswegen do to drop out of the 22?

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Didn't Gary Van Arse Wagon score a try against Rebs when he came on? Elizabeth set up two tries, he could always become your playmaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Not good, not good at all. Forward depth is absolute destroyed by injuries, but those back reserve are terrible. WTF must Van Aswegen do to drop out of the 22?
I am super excited to see some Vodacom players. Rohan Kitshoff should started and looking forward to see Heiberg getting a run. Absolute surprise to see Grobler getting a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.