• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Stormers, Newlands 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great try - as a side note to last week's shocking attempted tackled by Cooper in the last line - his tackle on that occasion was outstanding, just couldn't prevent the pass being got away

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Great try - as a side note to last week's shocking attempted tackled by Cooper in the last line - his tackle on that occasion was outstanding, just couldn't prevent the pass being got away

Difficult decision in that situation. I think if youre a brilliant defender youd be able to see the pass coming but he took the "take the player with the ball" approach

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Difficult decision in that situation. I think if youre a brilliant defender youd be able to see the pass coming but he took the "take the player with the ball" approach

Most defensive systems out the back have the 15 commit to the 2nd to last and the scraping winger commit to the last man so he did exactly what I'd expect him to do and it was a good tackle. Not sure why Davies was so far up before the kick.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Most defensive systems out the back have the 15 commit to the 2nd to last and the scraping winger commit to the last man so he did exactly what I'd expect him to do and it was a good tackle. Not sure why Davies was so far up before the kick.
He had no option, he had to take the man with the ball and he took him fast and hard to cut down his space and put pressure on the pass. Pass got away but it was a very good strong tackle in the last line of defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.