• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Richard Graham to quit the Force and join the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
What complete and utter crap, perpetuated over the years by parochial New South Welshmen and Queenslanders who blame everyone but themselves for having insipid state rugby programs.

Yeah and it took us 5 more painful years to get honest with ourselves and clean house. Because of what we have been through and how serious Link takes his role in all this I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. RG comes across as a passionate honest bloke. Just sucks that it has been such a bombshell today.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
jake White was castigated for daring to say he was interested in the England job which meant he'd leave after 1 year into a 4 year contract. RG leaves after 2 years into a 4 year contract, but there is no where near as many vehement comments.

Even with a get out clause I'm not impressed by this, but I obviously don't know all the details. Didn't RG do something similar when he left the ARU position and took this role at the Force?

And the Jake White scenario was probably blown way out of proportion too...

No direct quote from the guy until he confirmed he wasn't leaving the Brumbies...

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Oh wouldn't it be sweet revenge if Tthe Force captain left to move to Queensland ripping the heart out of the organisation as he left.

Not that anyone would hold a grudge about something like that eh...:rolleyes:. For quite a few years, a mate of mine would only refer to Sharpe "that ^&%&$ traitor Sharpe".

E

El Gamba

Yeah and it took us 5 more painful years to get honest with ourselves and clean house. Because of what we have been through and how serious Link takes his role in all this I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. RG comes across as a passionate honest bloke. Just sucks that it has been such a bombshell today.

And when that happened the Reds came good. It's a shame for Australian rugby NSW are still so far behind.

I've been to every Reds home game this year and they've been good in parts and all in all I'd say they've done their best all things considered. I'm not sure I've ever trusted Richard Graham but it may be a phobia thing I have about people who's eye's are too close together. I digress but I wouldn't be happy to have him if I was a Reds supporter. The marketing is about loyalty after all.

Go Sunnybank!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'll back the boardroom boys at the Reds to know what they're doing here, they've done a fantastic job in turning the organisation around thus far & obviously a lot of thought has gone into this decision. Link is still on board next year & will no doubt be guiding Graham through the ropes.
A lot of conspiracy theories going around on this thread, better get out the tin foil hats boys!

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
What do you mean on what basis? We did, it's pretty clear. Italy, Ireland and SA did not manage to score a try against us. NZ only scored 1 against us in the semi.

Thats pretty selective stats you are using there! Dismissing matches where we had 3 tries scored against us? We only let NZ score one but gave away a stack of penalties because we were screwed when they ran at us. Not counting Wales, didnt fit your argument? Ireland conceded less tries than we did against the same teams in the pool matches.

Aus had one great defensive effort against SA but we have not had a great defence since Deans took over.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
What complete and utter crap, perpetuated over the years by parochial New South Welshmen and Queenslanders who blame everyone but themselves for having insipid state rugby programs.

It's ironic that Qld won the title with players the like of Robinson, van Humphries, Wallace-Harrison, Samo, Ioane, Cooper, Fainga(s) and coached by McKenzie. and then have the temerity to carry on about the Force getting players from elsewhere 6 years ago.

As I mentioned "When the Franchise Started!" Forced Lured QLD and other player with money and big deals. Watching great potential future QLD rugby player leave and seeing them play for other team made me bitter.
So this is nice for me. Next Pocock will be locking down back QLD.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
As RedsHappy and others have said..

This is a dreadful, irresponsible manner in which to announce changes. Graham, the Reds should be disgusted with themselves. A pox on both their houses.

As for Link, he chose not to bring his family to France and he chose not to bring his family to Queensland. If he wanted to avoid flights to and fro, there was an alternative. Dir. of Rugby is one more layer of management; the Reds won without it, so why now?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
As I mentioned "When the Franchise Started!" Forced Lured QLD and other player with money and big deals. Watching great potential future QLD rugby player leave and seeing them play for other team made me bitter.
So this is nice for me. Next Pocock will be locking down back QLD.

Was the Petrol Tablet money part of the incentive for those original players? Gits said in an interview i read someplace that he got stung pretty hard by it, did any of the others get bit by it?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
i am shocked and appalled by this hire. some form of internal promotion would've been preferred by me when link does the inevitable and bolts into the australian set up

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was the Petrol Tablet money part of the incentive for those original players? Gits said in an interview i read someplace that he got stung pretty hard by it, did any of the others get bit by it?

I Don't care, it happen and I didn't like it. Still bitter... Watching Sharpe turn his back on the REDS, no super 15 title for him.

T

Train Without a Station

It's ironic that Qld won the title with players the like of Robinson, van Humphries, Wallace-Harrison, Samo, Ioane, Cooper, Fainga(s) and coached by McKenzie. and then have the temerity to carry on about the Force getting players from elsewhere 6 years ago.

Robinson - Unwanted by original franchise, chose to come back for an Academy contract and work part time after playing overseas.
Van Humphries - Unwanted by original franchise. Picked up whilst playing overseas.
Adam Wallace-Harrison - Unwanted by original franchise. Picked up whilst playing overseas.
Radike Samo - Unwanted by original franchise. Picked up whilst playing overseas and unwanted by any other franchise at the time.
Digby Ioane - Poached by Force. Came back.
Quade Cooper - Debuted for the Reds. Still plays for the Reds.
Fainga'as - Unwanted by original franchise. Signed by Reds as somewhat of a trade deal for one big name player.
Ewan McKenzie - Sacked/Contract not renewed by previous Australian franchise. Sacked by French Club.

Dirty stinking poaching Reds not giving those overseas vultures a fair go. Probably didn't pick the best example of players to compare to the Force pilfering our ranks and our captain at the time assisting in this recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.