• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Robbie Deans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, I introduce to you, a man with strange and mystical powers, a man who doesn't drink or smoke, or for that matter eat, who sustains his existence solely on the crystal clear air of New Zealand's South Island, a man who embodies the properties of wisdom, karma, and consciousnessness, all brought together in the alchemy of his mind's pure focus, the master of mystery, the artist of ambiguity, I give you, Guru Rob:

Please sirs to pay particular attention to the sublime manifestation at 0:54 which he taught to his disciple Quade.

[video=youtube;CzzbV263q8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzzbV263q8E[/video]

[video=youtube;SuG4Q8lqL5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuG4Q8lqL5M[/video]

:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
or in a few words stolen from Professor Dumbledore "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
notice he spoke only of individuals followed by footage of making a stupid flick pass at the line, proving its not quades fault, Robbie is clearly training him to do so.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
"When you're ready, willing and able you get everything working together and success becomes a habit."

Very profound observation. Someone should pass it on to our national team.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He's not an exciting talker is he? I find he uses the cliches that that John Mitchell uses, personal bugbear of mine is when they say "as a group we have to learn" they are not a group they are a bloody TEAM. Phew got that out of system.

dougdew99

Allen Oxlade (6)
For all you cold and timid souls

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
So, when you cut and paste Roosevelt you're suggesting we should place faith in verbosity?

I think RD may have a little way to go before we can compare the two.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I made that bit up. He looks fit, though. Maybe it's the sports supplements that he obliquely refers to.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Geez, what a weirdo. He really seems to believe this stuff.

I thought guys down in the South Island weren't given to mystical insights.

Did Robbie spend time in an Indian ashram when he was young?

John the baptist

Stan Wickham (3)
Just on a point of information - What is the connection with "Dingo" references to Deans? He seems like an effective coach, capable of correcting issues that go wrong match to match, so why the derogatory tag?

Is there really a big pool of alternative coaches? Matt Williams, Nick Mallett, Mike Brewer, Warren Gatland, Marc Livermont, Pete de Villiers, Jake White, Kirwan, Crowley, O'Sullivan, the big Lebanese guy at Stade and Knoxie???

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
The 'Dingo' isn't really the derogatory bit - or at least, not as I'm interpreting it. That's just a joking attempt to aussie-fy him.

The derogatory bit is 'mad robbie mcmad' etc. (what it lacks in subtlety it makes up in truth)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The 'Dingo' isn't really the derogatory bit - or at least, not as I'm interpreting it. That's just a joking attempt to aussie-fy him.

The derogatory bit is 'mad robbie mcmad' etc. (what it lacks in subtlety it makes up in truth)

I think the Kiwi press christened him that when got appointed: it may have something to do with the fact that we claim Crowded House and others as Australians. Unfortunately we also claim Russell Crowe.

John the baptist

Stan Wickham (3)
In summary you do need a person of vision as coach or have a very old team that knows what it needs to do. With a young Aussie team it does need a wise owl as coach. I think you have a good one. Stick don't twist!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.