• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Robbie Deans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I just want Split Enz. They can have the rest.

For coaches, we've got Ewen McKenzie, Michael Foley, David Nucifora, Michael Cheika, and perhaps even Rod Macqueen as candidates for the head coach's job, and dozens (Tim Lane, Todd Louden, Alan Gaffney, John Muggleton, Les Kiss, etc, etc) who could fill the minor roles.

Edit - forgot Tony McGahan. A bit under the radar, but doing well.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Crowded House IS Australian

I have enjoyed educating kiwis of this fact.

Neil Finn is a Kiwi, but when he is living in Melbourne and him and two Aussies (Nick Seymour and Paul Hester) start a band, then that is an Aussie Band.

Not when he's the creative force - whats this got to do with Guru Bob - is he australian when he's coaching against anyone other than the ABs?

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
Dingo's email account got hacked just after the loss to Ireland and the following email was retrieved.

Dear Robbie,

Congratulations on reaching your 50th Test as Coach of the Wallabies.

Can I start by saying what a choice job you’ve been doing since you first started working for New Zealand Rugby in 2008. It has been a long-term task, but the plan to ensure the All Blacks win the World Cup at home in 2011 is coming together perfectly.

My idea of getting you to be hired by Australian Rugby as their national coach and then sabotage the Wallabies from within, in my own modest opinion, was an absolute masterstroke.

While our plan had many doubters, I always knew in my heart that the Aussies would fall for it. I mean they drink our sauvignon blanc made by beer swilling Taranaki dairy farmers and waste their money on things like an air-force and dental hygiene. Plus they dont appreciate the intelligence or sheer beauty of sheep. In hindsight, this plan was always going to work.

After reaching 50 tests as coach on the weekend, I think its only fitting to mention what I think is your top 10 highlights of sabotage to date:

1. Losing to Ireland
2. Giving Rocky the Captaincy of the country he hadn’t played for in over two years, then stripping it off him right before the world cup
3. Losing to Scotland
4. Not even getting close to winning the Bledisloe Cup back
5. Not picking a backup for Pocock in the World Cup squad
6. Never using the Wallaby bench effectively
7. Not having a back-up game plan
8. Using words like “contest, willing, collision, contact-zone, adaptation” to describe rugby
9. Losing to Samoa
10. Winning only 54% of all your games as coach of historically one of the most successful teams in Rugby

I cant believe after all this they then extended your contract for a further two years?!?!?! How they didn’t work out our plan after you coached them to 10 Bledisloe cup losses in a row is full credit to you and were all very proud of you back at home bro.

Well done once again and as planned we’ll see you at Ritchie’s Merino sheep “stud” after the world cup to celebrate pulling the wool over the Aussies eyes.

Cheers,
Graham Henry

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
This is all so true. Conspiracy theory?

Seriously, why the fuck was he re-signed, stupid decision when you have Ewen McKenzie as a candidate.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So just because McKenzie isn't available for two years we re-sign a coach who has been unsuccessful and continues to make stupid decisions?

This post alone shows some of Deans' massive failings, not to mention embarressing upsets. We are supposed to be the 2nd best side in the World, yet we continue to fuck up and struggle to perform for more then 3 games in a row.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
While Deans and McKenzie have shared soup success that doesnt always translate to international success.... Hmmmm heard that somewhere?

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
\ We are supposed to be the 2nd best side in the World, yet we continue to fuck up and struggle to perform for more then 3 games in a row.
Hate to break the news to you, but we are now ranked 3rd. After that loss to Ireland RSA took our spot.

"This has been doing the rounds for a week, hate to say. As a scoop, epic fail!!" I don't remember writing "scoop". I posted it for comedic purposes. I'm sorry I disappointed you.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wasn't disappointed, the exclamation mark in the thread title seemed to imply "Breaking news", 'tis all. Sorry to offend, it was light-hearted in any event.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So just because McKenzie isn't available for two years we re-sign a coach who has been unsuccessful and continues to make stupid decisions?

This post alone shows some of Deans' massive failings, not to mention embarressing upsets. We are supposed to be the 2nd best side in the World, yet we continue to fuck up and struggle to perform for more then 3 games in a row.

It is inconceivable that McKenzies reds contract would not have a get out if he was offered the Wallabies

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It is inconceivable that McKenzies reds contract would not have a get out if he was offered the Wallabies
Look just leave it alone! Link needs next year to consolidate the another year to train me... I mean his successor to take over. 2013 will be perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.