• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Robbie Deans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I find him facinating to watch running a training session. I love the way he is so hands on and his manner in how he interacts with the players. He did an under 16's session in Darwin a couple of years ago and it was amaizing. Most do but the vibe I got from the bloke is how much he purely love's his rugby. That I admire immencely.

Garry Owen

Chris McKivat (8)
Truth be told even I have on the odd occasion had cause to criticise the Robbster. But this is good stuff and he does possess the common touch. I still remember fairly soon after he took over as Wallabies coach seeing him standing patiently in a queue to buy a pie or sausage sandwich at Concord on Shute Shield Grand Final Day. I didn't notice John O'Neill in the queue or even at the ground for that matter.

I think he's basically a good bloke but for whatever reason he hasn't been able to reproduce his Super coaching success in the international arena.

Agreed Bruce.

He's a nice fella, patiently good with kids, and who you'll occassionaly see down at the local match in line for a pie.

But what the hell is he doing in our #1 coaching position? Dingo, go and get the boys some pies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So under Deans we've now lost to Scotland twice (once at home), Samoa (at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and Ireland in a RWC pool match in New Zealand...

I'm pretty sure Eddie Jones was sacked for less?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm just bringing this thread up to the top in case anybody needs it.

I would prefer you resurect my Sack Robbie Deans.......? thread from two years ago. The arguments conatained therein were pertinent and one might say predicted our current predicament.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So under Deans we've now lost to Scotland twice (once at home), Samoa (at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and Ireland in a RWC quarter final in New Zealand.

I thought we did rather well in the World Cup QF?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So under Deans we've now lost to Scotland twice (once at home), Samoa (at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and Ireland in a RWC pool match in New Zealand.

As at this point Deans and Eddie Jones have the exact same Wallaby test match record: 57 games, 33 wins, 22 losses, 1 draw

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Seems odd that we can be ranked second in the world yet only win 58% of the time. Fuck I'd hate to be ranked 5th or 6th. Maybe another two years of this shit & I might find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.