• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10 - Reds v Chiefs, Saturday 21st April 2018 7:45pm @ Lang Park

Who wins?

• Reds

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Good to see George back. Wonder if he will have the same impact for the Reds as Pocock did for the Ponies (in his first game back).

Sef F. must have kicked BT's dog in the guts at training !

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Chiefs to face Reds

1. Karl Tu’inukuafe
2. Liam Polwart
3. Angus Ta’avao
4. Brodie Retallick
5. Tyler Ardron
6. Lachlan Boshier
7. Sam Cane (c)
8. Pita Gus Sowakula
9. Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi
10. Damian McKenzie
11. Solomon Alaimalo
12. Johnny Fa'auli
13. Anton Lienert-Brown
14. Sean Wainui
15. Charlie Ngatai (c)
16. Samisoni Taukei’aho
17. Sam Prattley
18. Jeff Thwaites
19. Luke Jacobson
20. Liam Messam
21. Brad Weber
22. Marty McKenzie
23. Alex Nankivell

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Predicting a Reds upset in their 1000th game and 300th Super game.

Boys are at home for the first time in ages.

Chiefs have plenty of wonderful players but to me McKenzie and big Brody R have to be contained (or at least limited). for us to get the win.

Reds by 7

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)

Chiefs have plenty of wonderful players but to me McKenzie and big Brody R have to be contained (or at least limited). for us to get the win.

Reds by 7

Nah, Reds by 5, the Chiefs are down like 23 front row players or something. Reds scrum dominance to win them the game.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nah, Reds by 5, the Chiefs are down like 23 front row players or something. Reds scrum dominance to win them the game.

Guess it depends how much of a lead Cooper takes from Rennie. If he follows his predecessor, and the scrum is looking in real trouble, then both props on one side will quickly fail their HIA's and it'll be uncontested scrums.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
While Tuttle seemed pretty ordinary last week I am surprised that the only backline change is to drop him and bring Lucas back. Good to see Sorovi get a bench gig but seems just like we're rotating through the halfbacks to give them all game time. I'm not sure that one off runners will cause problems for the Chiefs.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
While Tuttle seemed pretty ordinary last week I am surprised that the only backline change is to drop him and bring Lucas back. Good to see Sorovi get a bench gig but seems just like we're rotating through the halfbacks to give them all game time. I'm not sure that one off runners will cause problems for the Chiefs.

Yeah, I think both Toua and Lance are performing below par ATM I'd like to see some kind of shakeup to allow us to attack more, someone (Quade, Stewart or Paia'aua) coming into either 10 or 15 is almost needed right now.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Reds by 7
Reds to lose by a few hundred.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Guess it depends how much of a lead Cooper takes from Rennie. If he follows his predecessor, and the scrum is looking in real trouble, then both props on one side will quickly fail their HIA's and it'll be uncontested scrums.

Isn't there a Reg now whereby the team that causes scrums to go uncontested has to play out the match a man short? Seem to recall it being brought in after some dodgy goings-on in a NH comp a year or so ago & took effect in SH from the start of this year.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Isn't there a Reg now whereby the team that causes scrums to go uncontested has to play out the match a man short? Seem to recall it being brought in after some dodgy goings-on in a NH comp a year or so ago & took effect in SH from the start of this year.

That is also my recollection.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Found it: Law 3.16:

"In a squad of 23 players or at the discretion of the match organiser, a player whose departure has caused the referee to order uncontested scrums cannot be replaced."

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fair enough. It's a good change. As entertaining as these Belichick-isms can be, I'd rather they didn't make their way into rugby.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Chiefs won't be bad at scrum time. I expect dominance but not total capitulation.

Would rather have half a dozen scrum penalties with a yellow card or 2 , the possibility of a pushover try or penalty try than the Chiefs to go down one man. We would get value as the bloke not to be replaced would be a prop anyway.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Praying for a torrential downpour is the only real option now!

You do know Cricket seasons done, the Bulls won it already... But Fuck me I'd love some downpour rugby!

Also makes me almost regret getting those seats that are about as far from undercover as you can get.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
You can't score a penalty try from 50m. Reds wont be in the attacking area to get points. May be a few shots a goal.

Surely even Lance can't stuff up a penalty on the 50m line and not turn it into possession deep in the opposition 22?!

Status
Not open for further replies.