• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10 - Reds v Chiefs, Saturday 21st April 2018 7:45pm @ Lang Park

Who wins?

• Reds

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reds to be the only team to win against a kiwi team this year including the Wallabies. :)
Reds attack is way to strong

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Found it: Law 3.16:

"In a squad of 23 players or at the discretion of the match organiser, a player whose departure has caused the referee to order uncontested scrums cannot be replaced."

Geez I surprised that has been brought in, so teams may well have to risk players with head injuries? Is a ref going to be very keen to send a player for a HIA if he knows it the same as a YC?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ a bit of an eye-opener for me, too, I can only assume that the old Regs were being so regularly & blatantly abused that WR (World Rugby) saw this as the only remedy. You'd like to think the chances of two LH- or TH props from the same team both failing HIA's is remote enough that the scenario you've outlined doesn't occur, but who knows, one day it might happen & they'll have to revisit it.

BTW I was watching Grassroots Rugby (now sponsored by "Haati" (who I've never heard of & nor apparently has Google) & officially a Maori TV production) & to my horror Athletic were 0-2 for the season! It's gotta be a Wanderers/ Old Boys conspiracy! On a brighter note the H-K match they showed had Rahui in it so at least they're still going, I seem to recall they were a bit touch & go a while back.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Geez I surprised that has been brought in, so teams may well have to risk players with head injuries? Is a ref going to be very keen to send a player for a HIA if he knows it the same as a YC?

HIA is not the refs call is it? for that reason

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well anyway, I just about to head into the game, and am real interested to see how the Reds perform, been to first 2 games and thought perhaps they were prepared to bore teams because of lack of attack, so will be interested to check if they are going to move defence around off the ball to open gates as it were. Think it a plus Tuttle not starting as from what I saw on TV he looked very slow last week, but that could of just been quality of ball he got. We do know Reds scrum will have a ball tonight as Chiefs down to just fielding and props wandering around the place that don't have a game today!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Key visual challenge tonight: contrast and compare this Reds 2018 performance with the one the Reds of May 2012 put on to beat the Chiefs decisively at Suncorp (remember, the night Richard Kahui injured his shoulder, was it not?).

Which team will have improved more? How has the relative skills balance shifted?

Btw: attendance at that match was 36,479.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Key visual challenge tonight: contrast and compare this Reds 2018 performance with the one the Reds of May 2012 put on to beat the Chiefs decisively at Suncorp (remember, the night Richard Kahui injured his shoulder, was it not?).

Which team will have improved more? How has the relative skills balance shifted?

Btw: attendance at that match was 36,479.
I believe, that starting from that game we needed to win 6 straight (and have the brums lose some amount of games) to sneak into the finals, and they actually did it

Also is it just me or does anyone else consider the 2013 win over the chiefs just as impressive?

Also I'm a denver broncos fan. So fuck the chiefs

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Chiefs are cutting them to shreds at the moment. Backline has holes in it all over the place. And the tighthead on your own 5m line is going to be a problem

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I think it was Wright who kicked the ball back to the chiefs in that scrum. Maybe one of the locks. Learn from that one young fellas o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.