• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10 - Reds v Chiefs, Saturday 21st April 2018 7:45pm @ Lang Park

Who wins?

• Reds

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I seriously don't understand what they are trying to do in attack. Why keep passing back ten metres to a forward who is never going to pass to get hit way behind the advantage line?

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds looked better immediately when Sorovi came on. Maybe the Chiefs are just tired (and comfortably up) but it's like a different team compared with the Reds with Lucas. Quick ball is half the battle in modern Super Rugby and forgives a multitude of sins.

It's really shitting me how the Aussie teams, not just the Reds, are making such stupid basic errors. Timu would have known his grounding was suspect, he should have told Lance to hurry the conversion so it couldn't be checked - it was against the post so it was an easy kick. Instead good old Fox Sports puts it up on the big screen just before the kick and the try is disallowed. That would never happen in SA, they'd withhold the footage on the big screen until after the kick.

Time to bring back Paia'aua IMO. I like the Kerevi-CFS combo for power but they just can't distribute and it's way too easy for the defence to shut the Reds down when Lance is the only playmaker. I don't think it's any coincidence that, after such a promising start to the season, things went to shit when that centres combo started.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I wonder if an Australian side could even beat the Blues who seem to be a grade below the other NZ side but still at least a grade above the Oz sides.

Well at least the Reds scored some points but we need to consider the Chiefs are playing some third string players they have so many injuries. What would happen if Australian sides did that? Probably improve as they haven't been exposed to the Pro level mediocrity our usual players have.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Gifting the Chiefs a bonus point through inability to win a lineout and Smith's indiscipline.

Pathetic. Showed heart at times but no skills. Somebody asked last night how the Kiwis have won 38 Super Rugby games in a row and the answer was "if we knew why we'd stop it." It's because all the Aussie Super Rugby sides have a level of basic skills that a high school First XV would be ashamed of.

LeeSchwarzer

Frank Row (1)
Woeful. What is happening with this team? Where’s DP? Where’s Tuttle? We started the season well. Consistency with team selection Thorny??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.