• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 13!!!!!, Crusaders v Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not watching but judging by all the messages ive been getting fuck the ref!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
The refereeing has been disgraceful. The tahs have been refereed out of this game through grossly inaccurate calls and little patience shown from the referee. Moody elbowing an unprotected beale in the throat thus taking him out and leading to an easy try would have to be the worst miss of the game absolutely terrible. The supposed 'knock on' in the 78th minute was blatant hands in ruck. The final tackle of the game was well over 90 degrees and the referee choose to ignore hooper when asking politely to go upstairs and check the tackle. Whilst the crusaders played phenomenal in the last 45 minutes i can't help but think that the referee absolutely ruined a wonderful game. An all New Zealand referee panel should not be allowed when its Aus v NZ, particularly in such a big grudge match. You cant help but to think that 50/50 calls in front of a loud NZ by a NZ ref isn't fair.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The deliberate knock down law has to go - that was a genuine attempt at an intercept!!

Agree on that, ref should've carded the muppet who kicked it out've the ruck instead. Midfield penalty v 15m from touch penalty & hooker (?) v wing in the bin, I know which one I'd prefer.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The refereeing has been disgraceful. The tahs have been refereed out of this game through grossly inaccurate calls and little patience shown from the referee. Moody elbowing an unprotected beale in the throat thus taking him out and leading to an easy try would have to be the worst miss of the game absolutely terrible. The supposed 'knock on' in the 78th minute was blatant hands in ruck. The final tackle of the game was well over 90 degrees and the referee choose to ignore hooper when asking politely to go upstairs and check the tackle. Whilst the crusaders played phenomenal in the last 45 minutes i can't help but think that the referee absolutely ruined a wonderful game. An all New Zealand referee panel should not be allowed when its Aus v NZ, particularly in such a big grudge match. You cant help but to think that 50/50 calls in front of a loud NZ by a NZ ref isn't fair.

Not to mention Moody's elbow to Beale before his try in the first half. Nothing. As obvious as it could be. Not one of 4 officials saw it. Disgraceful.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Missed the elbow to Beale before the first Cru try. And the last tip tackle - so the officials did have an undue influence on the result

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
But in all seriousness, I really do like watching the Crusaders pack at work. I also really hope that ruthless Whitelock is made test captain ahead of Cane.

Whitelock "gave full credit to the boys" in his post match interview, sounds like a born captain.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agree on that, ref should've carded the muppet who kicked it out've the ruck instead. Midfield penalty v 15m from touch penalty I know which one I'd prefer.

Roach must not have been aware of the rule change, because he had a few kicks at it right in front of the ref, and then waved his arms around when he signaled advantage...............

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tahs really needed to get their composure right from 30 mins to about 60 mins. Too much headless chook stuff when the Crusaders were just being clinical as usual and making few errors. They just have to be better at getting on with a 29 point lead, all other things aside. They grafted better in the last 20 but really put themselves out of it before that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Roach must not have been aware of the rule change, because he had a few kicks at it right in front of the ref, and then waved his arms around when he signaled advantage.....

SBW occasionally forgets you can't slap the ball dead or do a full-on shoulder charge so I think he can be forgiven :)

Status
Not open for further replies.