• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2 - Force vs Reds, NIB Stadium, 2nd March @ 6:30pm (AWST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
If this game turns out to be half as interesting as this box kick discussion were in for a real treat tomorrow night ;)
I know you're obviously joking, but I think there's real value in rugby fans actually understanding rugby.

I'm not saying everyone has to be a coach, but it's always funny to hear people at the footy bitching about "why are the forwards doing this", 'why is that guy seagulling", blah blah. With a bit of knowledge, people could understand the why and not get angry because the game is different to what it was like in the 90s.

Frisby's role is not in my mind to take chances. Its to help the pigs hold possession. And to feed Quade/Duncan when they call it. I wouldnt ban the box, but it was misused against the Sharks

Frisby's got some slick feet, a good long ball, and a decent kick. I actually like the idea of getting on the scoot now and then, particularly on the short side off fast ball.

Don't limit the bloke!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think one of the most interesting battles will be Ben Daley and the entire Reds forward pack.

Dales will still be fuming about not getting re-signed by the Reds. The last few years he has been baggage (mainly due to constant injury) but from what I heard RG loved the bloke. Personally IMO he has always been a shit scrummager and just OK around the field.

Dales always has had the ability to niggle others with a bit of argie bargie, push in the chest etc.

He will be rejuvenated over there at the Force and incredibly motivated to play well, particularly against the Reds. He will bring some fireworks.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Weather conditions here in Perth aren't looking as good as what we might have hoped for. Very hit and humid today, with a few showers and chance of a thunderstorm or two.

So the ball's going to be a bit greasy and fitness is going to play a big factor. A pity - I was looking forward to seeing what this Force backline can do in good conditions. Hopefully it doesn't have too big an impact....

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Last time I saw him his scrummaging had improved markedly. Around the field he's always been good and rarely misses tackles. A very underrated player

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Heat & high humidity shouldn't worry the Reds too much, after the weather Brisbane has had for the start of this year.
They have trained through very trying conditions which can only benefit them tonight.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sully
Dales got 4 scrum penalties last week.

But I actually remember his scrimmaging at the Reds - bloody terrible most times.

With respect if he was as good as you say he would still be at Ballymore

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Frisby's got some slick feet, a good long ball, and a decent kick. I actually like the idea of getting on the scoot now and then, particularly on the short side off fast ball.

Don't limit the bloke!

Interesting to get a different opinion. I want him to limit the box at this stage. An acceptable alternative would be to see him limited to the last 10-15 min.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
TOCC - YES
Appreciate the time difference.

Of course I didn't allow for the fact that in 2016 NSW made up 32.03% of the Australian population whereas Queensland, a mere 20.09%

As you would understand that represents a differential of some 2,838,800 extra persons available to post on GAGR

With that taken into account I think the Queensland thread is doing pretty well.

M

Moono75

Was looking forward to the boys throwing the ball around the park tonight.....DAMN YOU WEATHER!!

Looks like we'll have to settle for throwing a few Queenslanders around instead :D

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There it is! There's the banter that's been missing! We'll have no more of those gracious posts from Reds fans saying they actually hope the Force win or whatever.

I also really thought someone would've posted this already but since they haven't and really, it's keeping with tradition.....

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Dean and wife may have conceived him gown there on a cold and wet night.

Bloke schooled up on Goldie and played his first "senior" game in God's country. That is sufficent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom