• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2 - Force vs Reds, NIB Stadium, 2nd March @ 6:30pm (AWST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Dean might have had a map of Queensland on the wall or a tourist brochure
on the table on that fateful evening (or day).

Obviously that would be sufficent

Reactions: dru

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
There it is! There's the banter that's been missing! We'll have no more of those gracious posts from Reds fans saying they actually hope the Force win or whatever.

I also really thought someone would've posted this already but since they haven't and really, it's keeping with tradition...

God, the Reds were entertaining in 2010 and 2011... I'd forgotten Ant Fainga'a could ever break the line like that. And those cutout passes from Cooper, he doesn't seem to be able to do that any more.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Now, let's RTCs.

M

Moono75

Hope to see Quade tackle as well tonight as that effort against Hayward.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Canberra is in Queensland

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I have no issue with the idea that given the circumstances Queenslanders can literally convince themselves that is is true. Just like Leumeah and Wagga are part of Queensland. Or Macksville if we want to include other codes.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Not really our fault when people born outside of our state would've been born in QLD if they had any choice in the matter.

Some of the NSWRL "Greats" (and I use that term loosely) born places other than NSW:

Benny Elias (Lebanon - that's in NSW!)
Ian Roberts (London - that's in NSW!)
Bob Fulton (England - that's in NSW!)
Steve Rogers (Gold Coast - that's in NSW!)

And of the current squad:
James Tamou (New Zealand - that's in NSW!)
Josh Dugan (Canberra - that's in NSW!)

But really, probably one of the greatest NSW RL players of all time Peter Stirling was born and bred in Toowoomba, QLD!

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Not really our fault when people born outside of our state would've been born in QLD if they had any choice in the matter.

Some of the NSWRL "Greats" (and I use that term loosely) born places other than NSW:

But really, probably one of the greatest NSW RL players of all time Peter Stirling was born and bred in Toowoomba, QLD!

Unless Toowoomba changed its name to Wagga Wagga when Peter Stirling was 5 years old (the age in which he moved there) then its a liitle different to say Greg Inglis who was at least 15 (probably 16) when he was poached.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

As for Canberra. That's literally in NSW. As in completely surrounded by NSW. Hell, it only exists to keep the Victorians from pissing and moaning about the national capital being actually in NSW proper.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Unless Toowoomba changed its name to Wagga Wagga when Peter Stirling was 5 years old (the age in which he moved there) then its a liitle different to say Greg Inglis who was at least 15 (probably 16) when he was poached.

It's only a 'little different' if it suits your argument.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
As for Canberra. That's literally in NSW. As in completely surrounded by NSW. Hell, it only exists to keep the Victorians from pissing and moaning about the national capital being actually in NSW proper.

straws.jpg

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
It's only a 'little different' if it suits your argument.

Five years old is very different than 15. Stirling also didn't start playing League until the age of 14. By the time he debuted his time in Qld were but distant memories if he could recall them at all. As opposed to Lote Tuqiri who emograted to Brisbane at 15.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I'm sticking to my story. It only matters if we like them. Those blokes Rogers and Stirling are turncoats. We don't like 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.