• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Brumbies vs Force - GIO Stadium, 10 March @ 7:45pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Force did enough to win that game, but also did more than enough to lose it. They've come on light years since Foley's departure, which is a positive sign. The basic structure of their game is good as is their skill level. Just too many silly mistakes, perhaps a lack of composure/experience at critical times.

Brumbies were simply more controlled and took their chances. On that basis, they deserved to win.

The Hoff was appalling, which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Force coach Dave Wessels not overly happy with his teams discipline in that match. They knew what to expect but couldn't stop it and said there were a few areas that lost them the game

He didn't specifically mention the yellow card and said it was handling errors that cost them the game after being pressured by the Brumbies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
There is no doubt the Force looked the more organised in attack and were well in the game the whole way through. Just like the Brumbies were against the Sharks last week (3 tries to 2) but still lost. Shit happens.

Brumbies' game was spoiled by poor kicking, off the tee by Hawera and out of hand by Toua. Urgently need to get some kicking coaching going, and probably another No 15.

There are no good, even mediocre, refs around this year from any of the countries involved. Aus refs still at about the level they have been over the past many years; SA refs perhaps even a bit worse on average, NZ refs deteriorating markedly and are no better than the others. Anyone see the late shoulder charge on TJP in the earlier game - almost a replica (or the other way round) of the RHP charge on Powell. No action by the ref or the assistants. Yellow card offence without doubt. Knock ons and forward passes seem to be a thing of the past in games under NZ referees.

Reactions: mst

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
There is no doubt the Force looked the more organised in attack and were well in the game the whole way through. Just like the Brumbies were against the Sharks last week (3 tries to 2) but still lost. Shit happens.

Brumbies' game was spoiled by poor kicking, off the tee by Hawera and out of hand by Toua. Urgently need to get some kicking coaching going, and probably another No 15.

There are no good, even mediocre, refs around this year from any of the countries involved. Aus refs still at about the level they have been over the past many years; SA refs perhaps even a bit worse on average, NZ refs deteriorating markedly and are no better than the others. Anyone see the late shoulder charge on TJP in the earlier game - almost a replica (or the other way round) of the RHP charge on Powell. No action by the ref or the assistants. Yellow card offence without doubt. Knock ons and forward passes seem to be a thing of the past in games under NZ referees.
Your team won, lighten up!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There's a few things that come to mind that the Brumbies need to work on and not just from this game.

Their exits aren't going anywhere near far enough when kicking out of their 22 and giving an easy start for the oppsition, less than 40m out.

Two weeks in a row they have given up a big chunk of points after hitting the lead and this time they were lucky after losing at the end last week.

M

Moono75

go howl at the moon ur booring too
Tw

Everyone loves a full moon. Twas a game for the taking, an oppportunity lost and one we may rue in the light of super rugby discussions. Yellow card cost us but we fucked that up ourselves.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well done Brumbies but fuck your booring. I thought with Pocock gone the rolling maul might die. RHP a second too late.

I like running rugby but the rolling maul is a common weapon in Rugby Union. This isn't League, so if you can use it, do it! Not always, of course. But is an option in tight games

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Disappointing the brumbies have a kiwi 10 that steered the way.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Yeah it is, but I think your South African coach will be more disappointed at your teams performance than us having a Kiwi 10. Another familiar display of being dumb ( by the team that is :rolleyes: ). I have to say your Saffa scrumhalf, and your reserve Kiwi scrumhalf look pretty good btw.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
People frame the rolling maul as so negative, but...
  1. Rolling mauls can only be scored at most 15m out (usually 5-10m out).
  2. To get a lineout 5-10m out, you've likely earned a penalty 50m out from DOING SOMETHING POSITIVE.
Basically, IT ALL STARTS WITH POSITIVE PLAY. Rolling mauls aren't that dour, it's just one point people fixate on from an otherwise positive passage of play.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
when I think of rolling mauls, I think of 10 man rugby.
Play negative,play to the corners,wait for the opposition to do something negative,then punish them with negative play,until you are rewarded with points.
Rinse and repeat.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
More relevant regarding Pocock's absence is that the Brumbies aren't getting the crucial turnovers he is so good at near their own try line. Oppositions are able to keep up the pressure for longer periods, though so far that hasn't turned into too many tries against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.