• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Sharks v Waratahs - Sunday 12 March 4:30am AEDT, Kings Park, Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NTT

The Wallabies contingent in the Waratahs needs a good kick up the arse. Phipps was caught ball watching too often, Dean Mumm has zero workrate, Kepu needs to lift. In fact the whole squad needs a kick up the arse. Im yet to see a Waratahs performance this year that any of us could call committed and playing with any mongrel. First half vs the Shorks was littered with lazy efforts, defense was toilet again, players not wanting to work off the ball, just a lazy lazy football team at the moment. The talent is there, the heart is not.

Norfolk & Chance

Peter Burge (5)
There is no depth in Australian rugby full stop, that's the problem. The players are over paid, over coached, over rated and the paying public are over it.
On another subject can Hooper please get a hair cut, him pushing his hair off his face every 10 seconds is nearly more annoying than the Tahs play.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I had adjusted the settings on my Foxtel box to only record and keep quality performances from the Tahs, so unfortunately, auto-delete will prevent me seeing this game.

06bde77e-b9a0-4806-9c8a-d080a674d771_zps0ewmmijj.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Maybe the answer for super rugby is for the Waratahs and the Auckland Blues to play each other for 14 weeks straight. Any surviving supperters from either side enter the World Rugby Hall of Fame for sado-masochists.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Maybe the answer for super rugby is for the Waratahs and the Auckland Blues to play each other for 14 weeks straight. Any surviving supperters from either side enter the World Rugby Hall of Fame for sado-masochists.
It would provide a wealth of memes, and years-worth of therapy for M. Désolé Pilloque.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Like all good horror movies, I watched a lot of the game through my fingers. From that poor perspective, I got the impression that Hooper is being used as the no1 defensive player.
Good to see Israel get some ball with room to move.
Start Lucas next week.
Kellaway played well but I think he has lost some speed.

Nulla

Frank Row (1)
The Tahs have a lot of systemic problems that are a problem with the game in NSW. The golden young are selected on a couple of great skills sets that they show but have not developed the rest of their game. Mainly a loosey & a one at the back. Overall poor net productivity.
Passion is shown from a few like Hooper & Horne but they are playing a game that should not be theirs to play. They are Improvising because others in the team are not doing their job. A couple of older heads have the skill but do not have the belief at the moment in the team. The team is so unbalanced they have no real worker being backed up by a forwards going forward in the ruck area, no organiser in the backs & everyone else waiting for Folau to do something. The mixture of discipline play & explosive play with the squad that is there, is serious lacking.
Good luck Tahs with the season, quite a few will have to get energised some to get smarter & some to become one as a team & step up.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Tahs "big guns" are like "pop guns" ATM

Those senior players really need to lift for the Tahs to be any show this year.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Keps, Horne, Robinson, Folau, Hooper (although he continues with effort each week), Phipps are the obvious ones

I think you mean Robertson. Apart from an attempt to get a yellow card every game for a lifting tackle Robinson's been pretty serviceable.

This is Robertson's second year in the team. Although he's gained Wallaby status he's still very green in a position that requires maturity. Second year syndrome hits just about everyone, he needs to be nursed through it.

I see Simone has been blamed for the Tahs abysmal performance from Gibson's comments and his strategic replacement by Horne during the game. If you watch carefully you will see that Simone's "error" that resulted in a try was actually Hegarty throwing it too hard behind the man instead of waste high in front of him. The pass hit Simone on the shoulder. Easy pickings to blame the new man instead of the person responsible. In Simone's case they've got Horne who can replace him. In Hegarty's case, if Foley doesn't recover then they've only got Horwitz or Deegan. So you don't bag the man responsible because he might have to start at 10 next week and he's already low on confidence? Hardly fair.

The performance was so bad that some messages need to be sent. If Foley, Hanigan, Hollaway and Skelton are all available then I would go with something like this: 1. Ryan, 2. Latu, 3. Kepu, 4. Mumm, 5. Skelton, 6. Dempsey, 7. Hooper, 8. Holloway, 9. Lucas, 10. Foley, 11. Horne, 12. Simone, 13. Folau, 14. Robinson, 15. Kellaway, 16. Roach, 17. Robertson, 18. Lolohea, 19. McDuling, 20.Hanigan, 21. Gordon, 22. Hegarty, 23. Naiyaravoro.

I think Lolohea is now entitled to a full squad position given he's played three consecutive games. Expect to see his picture up on the Tahs website in about three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.