• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Rebels v Waratahs, Friday the 24th of March AAMI Park @7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tony would be well within his rights to go mental about this ref
Everything went the Rebels way in the first half. He favoured the team that was dominant.

Leafa was unlucky to be penalised rather than winning one late in the game but can't see much else that went badly against the Rebels.

The Rebels capitulated in the second half in a similar way to the Tahs in the first.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Great that the Tahs came from behind but a better side would have beaten them. Happy the Tahs won but never should have been in that position. Bad luck Rebels. Well played.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Agree, but the tahs did it tough. The rebs just couldn't lay any points down. Respect to the application of the tahs forwards and the unselfish nature of the tahs backs.
I can respect what the Tahs did to come back but geez I find it tough to like them.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Said it at half time. Waratahs on top in scrumband line-out. Took the ball back nearly every time.

What were the possession stats in that second half. We can't have had it more than five minutes and I cannot think of more than two phases before we lost it.

If we cannot secure our own line out and scrum then we will stuffed no matter who we play.

Took our limited chances in the first half. Nothing in the second. Credit to the tahs forwards in the second and Foley maneuvered us around really well once he kicked off the rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.