• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 : Reds v Force, Suncorp Stadium, 20 March 6.45

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
After the highs of the weekend, the Reds need to back it up and win at home v the Force.

The Force badly need a win to keep in touch with the Rebels.

The Force have caused us some problems over the years and I feel we sometimes struggle against teams who try and turn the game into a scrap.

Biggest question for the Reds is probably if Stewart gets a recall and, if so, at whose expense.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
After the highs of the weekend, the Reds need to back it up and win at home v the Force.

The Force have caused us some problems over the years and I feel we sometimes struggle against teams who try and turn the game into a scrap.

Biggest question for the Reds is probably if Stewart gets a recall and, if so, at whose expense.

Bench at best for stewart....bad time for Stewart to lose his off field discipline when he has our most recent wallaby 12 paisami biting at his heals and he was very good against the brumbies...

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I agree. I think Thorn will go for the same team. Maybe give Sorovi a start - but that would be the only change I’d think about.

You could mount a case for starting BPA & Uru, but I’d like them to keep the same starting team.

How are the Force going? How long was Anstee out for?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

The big thing for the Reds is that they need to start getting bonus points. The competition with the Brumbies is so close that the bonus points may determine who gets the top spot, not the number of wins

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know I a bit of a Reds man, but being real honest even without that I can't see Force going close in this one.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I think BPA starts, he's comparable to Mafi in terms of lineout, but probably the best scrumming Hooker in Australia.
I'd love to see Uru start but I'm not sure they'll want to lose ASY (Angus Scott-Young)'s work rate.

But the Reds will need to be in all out attack mode, they need a bonus point win.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Do we need a bonus point?

Force always have an axe to grind and don't mind Suncorp. This could be a tough game - I'd be happy with just the four points for a win.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, we do. Brumbies have 3 BP from 4 games, while the Reds have 1 from 3. 4 points is a must, but we need 5 if we want a home Grandfinal.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
If the Brumbis were to pick up their bonus point while the Reds only 2, and the Reds vs Brumbies is a draw then the Brumbies are ahead on points.

Bonus points are important and you've gotta pick them up where you can, and the Reds should be picking up BP's against the Waratahs and the Force at home (should have against the Rebels too).

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Definitely a banana skin.

Stewart to come back in push everyone out 1, Suli to the bench to learn how to defend the outside channel.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd love this to be a banana skin game, but I see the Force getting pumped by 30 in this one. I'm not sure there is a place on the field that a Force player would be picked over a Reds one.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Do we need a bonus point?

Force always have an axe to grind and don't mind Suncorp. This could be a tough game - I'd be happy with just the four points for a win.

Yes we need them.

If we can pick up a few points then it wont matter if the brumbies beat us in the return match (assuming we beat the Force, Tahs and Rebels).

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'm expecting this to be a tough game, Force have been improving and bring a strong confrontational game which the Reds seem to struggle with