• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6 - Reds v Waratahs - Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Tupou cleared!
Things just got harder for the Tahs! Great to see him cleared. Should never have been cited. He is a star in Qld, kids turn up to see him play. Here's to.a good game of rugby Saturday with the Reds getting up!

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Tahs second half pack should be better than the first half one...
I wonder if that's Coleman's solution to the second half fade that the Tahs have had in the last two games. Though more so to manage Bell and Holloway's minutes, I think. Bell's back would have tightened up again when he heard Tupou was cleared to play...

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Seeing as Connor Vest did a train and trial period with the Waratahs before Xmas and was told to hit the road as he "wasn't big enough" I hope like hell Thorn gives him plenty of game time.
Came back to QLD to be included into reds program off the back of 2 great years in QPR.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Seeing as Connor Vest did a train and trial period with the Waratahs before Xmas and was told to hit the road as he "wasn't big enough" I hope like hell Thorn gives him plenty of game time.
Came back to QLD to be included into reds program off the back of 2 great years in QPR.

Is that factual?

It isn't always on the team. It is on the player too right. If he had of blown them away he would still be there.

Alex Ross (28)
Is that factual?

It isn't always on the team. It is on the player too right. If he had of blown them away he would still be there.
If wiki is anything to go by he’s about the same size as Holloway and a lot bigger than Hugh Sinclair. So I doubt his external dimensions were the problem.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Is that factual?

YEP - Fact.
He is a born and bred New South Welshman as well. Played junior rep from there including Aust Schoolboys so is well connected to the inner sanctum as well.

Bottom line is there loss is a Qld gain in a big way. I trust Thorn's appraisal especially of locks.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
YEP - Fact.
He is a born and bred New South Welshman as well. Played junior rep from there including Aust Schoolboys so is well connected to the inner sanctum as well.

Bottom line is there loss is a Qld gain in a big way. I trust Thorn's appraisal especially of locks.
He didn't get anywhere near Aus Schoolboys, was more of a late bloomer who made his name at Norths

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don't think many saw Vest's Super Rugby pathway being at the Reds. They already had two blokes in ASY (Angus Scott-Young) and Uru who are in that lock/flanker limbo space in terms of size and abilities. Obviously Vest has found his way into the side though due to some injuries and I hope he does well enough to keep a squad spot for the next few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.