• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Reds v Rebels - Saturday 30 March @ Suncorp

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Try telling that to Tolu Latu

Either way, it is a strike against a player whose disciplinary record can ill-afford another citing, let alone a suspension. He was suspended for four weeks in 2015 for up-ending All Black Sam Whitelock in a Super Rugby match against the Crusaders; in 2017 he incurred the displeasure of SANZAAR officials when he served a one-match ban by sitting out a club fixture; and last year he was yellow-carded twice, once for punching Santiago Garcia Botta late in the Wallabies’ miracle comeback match against Argentina in Salta, and then for pushing All Black Codie Taylor in the face during Bledisloe III in Yokohama.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
For me the rebels have failed to live up to their promise with their roster with inability to play consistent 80 minute football.

Many are waiting to show signs they are ready to be the top oz conference side and indeed be more than just make the finals although noting just making the finals would be a good first step. Given the roster expectations deserves to be this high.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Being an Australian derby will draw some of the audience, having QC (Quade Cooper) play in QLD for the first time in a couple of years will draw some of the audience. It's hard when you see a favourite player play for the opposition, but in your heart, you want them to do well. And so with good wishes from both Melbourne and Qld supporters, I hope that Rebels can bring the win home.
The Rebels may not be playing consistent 80 minutes of rugby yet, and that has been one of their big failings over the years, but they are getting better at it.
Also, for what its worth, I think Wessels plays a combination of his own game and he plays the opposition whereas Thorn is very one dimensional, he only only plays his own game regardless of what team fronts up.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Might see a bit of rotation in the Reds pack, last week was absolutely taxing conditions, I doubt some of the big guys have fully recovered yet

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I still can’t fathom the outrage about this ASY (Angus Scott-Young) incicent. From the first time I saw it it looked a non-event but he gnashing of teeth and outrage of many directed at Scott-Young has been vehement and over the top.

The outcome was appropriate and sensible.

Well done. Move on.

I can't agree......... it was a disappointing result for what was clearly an intentional swinging arm which struck the head of a player in a vulnerable position who then required to go off for an HIA.

Duncan McRae should've used his defence:

"The player's explanation for the incident, including his attempt to protect his previously injured hand by closing his fist during the clean out, revealed absence of malicious intent," he added. "It was decided that while the citing was warranted in that there had been contact between the player's hand and the back of his opponent's head ... this was not intentional nor so reckless as to have warranted a red card on the field."

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
SANZAAR judiciary strikes again...

FakeDefinitiveDalmatian-max-1mb.gif
Perhaps he was on the sauce at the time?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Interesting to see the changes in play from Higgers under Thorn, less seagulling, more effort in tight

This might be a factor of his age as well, not as fast as he once was. He has been very good though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think it's also how Brad likes to finish the games - with that bit of experience coming on.

But yes, Mafi is #1

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think Tupou has been outscrummaged a few times this year, ones I noticed were Crusaders, Tahs and last week, he will sort it out.

I think he's been out smarted rather than outscrummaged (which is kinda the same). Hopefully he's learning from it all.