• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round One: Cheetahs v Lions @ Bloemfontein (15 Feb 14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This game gets the top world ref, Sharks vs Bulls gets Jaftha. As this game is likely to have much less bearing on the comp result, I do not understand the way the appointments are being made. Its like they were drawn from a hat.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
This game gets the top world ref, Sharks vs Bulls gets Jaftha. As this game is likely to have much less bearing on the comp result, I do not understand the way the appointments are being made. Its like they were drawn from a hat.

I fucking hate that attitude. I know it is a stretch, but what if the Lions made a massive turn around and had the potential to make the finals. Should they frequently get a less experienced, more lowly rated referee simply because they are not expected to?

What does that say to referees? The outcome has already been decided? If in doubt, penalise the Lions? It's hard enough to win in Super Rugby; add expectancy bias into the equation and you rarely find your way out of the gutter.

All referee appointments should be made at random. End of story.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Bugger, wish I had tipped the cheetahs by more after watching the lineups.

Cheetahs should do this by 30 if they are the real deal this year.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
First completed scrum and it was a total collapse, Joubert let them clear the ball and play on. Wonder if that is how they are going to rule this year to limit the resets?

M

Moono75

Game closer than I thought at the half. 10 - 9 to the Cheetahs.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Joubert has been average. Probably rusty. Penalising Strauss for a push and the looks scrum for pushing when the ball was in. Lil

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Strauss may see the bin here. Ok. Nope. Apparently your allowed to walk in the line of another player an trip then. Good for me. He is in my fantasy side

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The cheetahs are playing like they are 15 points behind and playing catch up rugby. They need to compose their play

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Bloody South Africans thanking god all the time. It's sickening. I bet he doesn't see god in the gym or on the field training for him.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Cheetahs paid the price because their combos were rusty. Le Roux has bought into his own hype and played a shocker. So many of their usual little pop ball offloads were dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.