• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I was having a look at the price of 2014 Super Rugby jerseys in the team shops and was surprised to find that the Force, Rebels and Reds jerseys are considerably cheaper than the Waratahs and Brumbies jerseys. I also included the Wallabies as a comparison.

Also interesting to note that the Wallabies shop is selling the NZ Super Rugby team jerseys for $20 more than the Adidas Australian website (excl shipping).

View attachment 4641

Canterbury gear is good quality, but how can such a price difference between it and BLK be justified? Either someone along the supply chain is making a bigger margin or there needs to be a review of their productivity.

If families are buying for kids, there is a massive saving if your team wears BLK.

Have the provinces considered putting their differences aside and see if they can get together and negotiate a better deal with one supplier? There could be some savings to be had.

The Rebels will sell the men's jersey for $100 if you are a member IIRC.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
HarmonyDayJerseyAuction.jpg
Not entirely on topic but not entirely off topic either - the Two Blues are auctioning the special commemorative orange Harmony Day jerseys worn by their First Grade team against Manly. A chance to own a bit of Two Blues history and contribute to the Kick Racism Into Touch program.

Announcement here.
Current high bids here.
Directions to the bidding page are on the website but, for those who like to dive right in, you can bid here.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Reds 2013 jersey $40 incl shipping:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Queensla...by_Union_Merchandise&var=&hash=item1c3e083bbb

Rebels 2013 jersey $40 incl shipping:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Melbourn...by_Union_Merchandise&var=&hash=item19ea515168

Waratahs vs B&I Lions jersey $60 incl shipping:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Waratahs...by_Union_Merchandise&var=&hash=item1c3d66405c

Broken sizes. These were the items that caught my eye. The seller has some other items at a good price as well in his eBay store.

T

TOCC

I reckon the 2014 ones will be as cheap in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you work for BLK?

BLK offering up to 50% off 2014 merchandise.
Reds and Rebels match day jerseys selling for $89

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Not too shabby, I wonder if I can get Amart/Rebel/anyone local to price match that as I don't know how "tight" I want to go in size :D

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Do you work for BLK?

BLK offering up to 50% off 2014 merchandise.
Reds and Rebels match day jerseys selling for $89

No mate but I did get that email and was a bit pleased with my prediction. Not quite the $40 that Badger was saying but a pretty cheap jersey compared to the ridiculous prices they try to extort from us.

T

TOCC

Not too shabby, I wonder if I can get Amart/Rebel/anyone local to price match that as I don't know how "tight" I want to go in size :D

That's the problem with Kooga/BLK..

I've got a Wallaby jersey which is a perfect fit at XL, but bought a Reds training jersey this year which is also a XL and it hangs off me like a dress...

It's the reason I haven't bought anymore jerseys offline, it's too expensive of a mistake.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy Japanese Top League gear from anywhere? I'd specifically like a Kubota Spears cap.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
BLK are doing a 50% off deal for a fairly slide of their Rugby support range.

http://www.blksport.com/sale.htm#catpage=5

And wait for it..no Rebels gear on discount! *grumbles*

Not sure about the other teams, but for Reds members you can go through Reds Website Shop, get the same prices and put in the members discount code for extra 10% off to get jersey down to $58.47 including postage.

Or I could 10 minutes ago anyway.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Tangawizi, how did yoi get the member discount? I do not see anything on the webpage?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tangawizi, how did yoi get the member discount? I do not see anything on the webpage?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
They emailed it to us right at start of the year and I had it stuck on a post-it note at work. QLD10REDS14 should do the trick.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Just noting theres a limited edition bingham cup jersey for sale through the bingham cups website for any other jersey collectors out there