• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League players who could have/could make the switch

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
George Burgess would be fantastic.

195cm and 120kg but since he's English it might be best if he stays in the NRL.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Or the equally sinister and devious tactic of passing the ball twice on hit up 1, 2 or 3.

Does junior Rugby Lite still award extra points when if try is scored after two passes instead of one?

Doesn't say much about the what the coaches are teaching the players, or the game itself when they need measures like that. No wonder they have such an inferiority complex about Rugby Light compared to AwFuL, Diveball and Heavensgame.

T

TOCC

The x-factor in rugby league has been going downhill every year since the Cowboys-Tigers GF...

The top teams are methodical and predictable these days, they play very similar low percentage territory based game plans, and focus on slowing the opposition at the tackle. It's bloody boring to watch and easy to anticipate what's coming.

They introduced the 40-20 so that the defensive team would keep their wingers and fullback out of the defensive line and free up space, it rarely works and teams would prefer to kick on the 5th regardless of a 3 man overlap in attack.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

What's surprising? The French clubs appear to have their spies out everywhere, or maybe it is better to say that player agents everywhere are aware of the big money available for mediocre talent in the NH. Not saying that Earl is mediocre. Maybe he is a great player, I have never seen him play, and have only seen his name a couple of times as I speed read the loig pages in my favourite paper.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)

Perhaps he hoped by heading to France he'd avoid this controversy

CANBERRA winger Sandor Earl is reportedly under investigation by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) following allegations he was treated with peptides at a private clinic without the knowledge of his former club Penrith during the 2011 NRL season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...peptides-in-2011/story-fni3gmmu-1226663435596

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Now it appears that Marshall's discussion with a rugby team wearing Blue is in fact the Blues.

Sounds as though he is seriously considering the switch after being disheartened about contract discussions with the Tigers.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8876694/Code-switch-on-the-cards-says-Benji

Gordon Tietjens expressing interest in him as a 7s player. If anyone could convert Benji Tietjens could.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/sevens/8874438/Tietjens-endorses-Marshall-move-to-rugby

Although he'd play for NZ it would be a huge boost in generating interest in the 7s format in Australia if he did switch.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The Blues are looking for him to play 10 as well, signing a RL player to play in the outside backs is risky enough but signing one to play 10! Thats madness in my book

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The Blues are looking for him to play 10 as well, signing a RL player to play in the outside backs is risky enough but signing one to play 10! Thats madness in my book
You may be right but the kiwis have a knack of developing League players in challenging positions. SBW playing 12 and Thorne playing lock.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I tho
You may be right but the kiwis have a knack of developing League players in challenging positions. SBW playing 12 and Thorne playing lock.

I suppose keep forgetting the amount of RL Thorne played. In SBW's case Toulon would have to take a lot of the credit, by the time he arrived in NZ to play for Canterbury he'd honed a lot of the basics there and was already a cracking player albeit with some rough edges.