• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League players who could have/could make the switch

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I initially thought that the eels would get him back this time next year but I can't see Toulon letting him go now. Just a pure, pure rugby player

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He will be a star come the RWC and league will never get him back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Has anyone seen the highlights going around of Semi Radardra playing for Toulon? He's got an incredible fend and just runs over people like Rene Ranger used to in his hay day. Don't think we need to go after him with the talent we've got like Koroibete, Hodge etc. but he's the sort of guy who puts bums on seats.

He's 25, and was born and lived in Fiji until at least 18. My money is he never got Aussie citizenship and effectively reset his national qualification when he moved out of Aus anyway.

With France's new (but very loose) selection policy, we'll probably see him sport a Fiji jersey at the WC.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Semi's Fiji 7s capped though isn't he? Not any point full stop.

Didn't know this. Between the 4 or 5 test level blokes the Drua will blood, and the rise of talented, engaged Fijian internationals in Europe (across a number of positions), Fiji would like decent chances to knock Wales/Georgia off and make the Finals at the WC.

Wales have real identity issues right now, but 2 years to sort it out.

T

TOCC

He's 25, and was born and lived in Fiji until at least 18. My money is he never got Aussie citizenship and effectively reset his national qualification when he moved out of Aus anyway.

With France's new (but very loose) selection policy, we'll probably see him sport a Fiji jersey at the WC.

I think it’s mentioned earlier in this thread, but he is already capped for Fiji in 7s, which brings me to my second point, Radradra was a union player before he went to league, of course he can play the game.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think it’s mentioned earlier in this thread, but he is already capped for Fiji in 7s, which brings me to my second point, Radradra was a union player before he went to league, of course he can play the game.

Hey mate, I did acknowledge this in another comment (actually the one before yours).

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
They probably don't have the money to compete with Japanese clubs but the Waratahs are desperate for someone who can score tries next year. Perhaps they'll put in an offer.