• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby - not set pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
If by "attention" you mean "archive and frame in the pool room" then yes, it needs attention!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm thinking about the general public.

But hey its only a right-click away.

Girls have changed since I was a lad. Or a dirty mid-40s Queenslander, according to that thread.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
As a child of the internet generation it's a *long time* since I've seen such total disregard for privacy. Deadset - they must have assumed replying=PM. Astounding lack of nous!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Does anyone follow James O'Connor on twitter?

He has been posting a slew of videos of him watching the RWC each night.

Yesterday he also had a video of himself beach fishing on the Gold Coast.

It's all a little bit bizarre. I get that he's trying to promote himself and engage with fans but really, surely you can just tweet about the RWC if you're up watching it rather than posting videos of you watching it.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Does anyone follow James O'Connor on twitter?

He has been posting a slew of videos of him watching the RWC each night.

Yesterday he also had a video of himself beach fishing on the Gold Coast.

It's all a little bit bizarre. I get that he's trying to promote himself and engage with fans but really, surely you can just tweet about the RWC if you're up watching it rather than posting videos of you watching it.

There seems to be something called 'Kicca' that is getting a whole slew of past and present rugby players to post short videos of their thoughts. Tindall, Tuqiri, Cipriani and O'Connor have all been doing them, among others.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
There seems to be something called 'Kicca' that is getting a whole slew of past and present rugby players to post short videos of their thoughts. Tindall, Tuqiri, Cipriani and O'Connor have all been doing them, among others.

Yep. Jiffy was presenting updates on the Wales-Fiji game in kicca today.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I've never considered sex a spectator sport until now but, after reading the exchanges between the Brissy boy and kgirl I'm prepared to consider changing my mind. Even buy a ticket..... :eek:

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I've never considered sex a spectator sport until now but, after reading the exchanges between the Brissy boy and kgirl I'm prepared to consider changing my mind. Even buy a ticket... :eek:

Some of the people posting on the front page of GAGR are to be seen to be believed. They're almost as *good* as The Roar's masses

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Some of the people posting on the front page of GAGR are to be seen to be believed. They're almost as *good* as The Roar's masses

I think most of the best ones are seen on both.

Their insanity just receives less criticism on The Roar because it comes as standard.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Former 2X Super Bowl-winning New York Giants defensive end and current London NFL ambassador Osi Umenyiora recently told The Mirror what his All World Cup NFL side would be:

“It has been fascinating for me being here at the Rugby World Cup,” he said. “I have been watching closely for players who could potentially translate across as NFL players, and have definitely seen a few.

“Some of the skill sets are similar but what I really look at are: the way the players run, do they have a low centre of gravity? How do they tackle: do they get low and explode into it?

“Another key is how aware are they of the space around them on the field? Rugby is a game where everything is played in front of you whereas the NFL is a 360 degrees game so players need to have good sense of their surroundings and great vision.”
So what are they?

Offence
Wide receiver: Mike Brown (Eng), Julian Savea (NZ)
Tight end: George North (Wal)
Centre: Dane Coles (NZ)
Guard: Cian Healy (Ire), Gethin Jenkins (Wal)
Offensive tackle: Sean O'Brien (Ire), Sam Warburton (Wal)
Quarterback: Dan Biggar (Wal)
Running back: Greg Laidlaw (Sco), Aaron Smith (NZ)
Kicker: Owen Farrell (Eng)

Defence
Defensive end: Bismark du Plessis (SA), Ross Ford (Sco)
Defensive tackle: Marcos Ayerza (arg), Dan Cole (Eng)
Cornerback: Jonathan Joseph (Eng), Anthony Watson (Eng)
Outside linebacker: Dan Lydiate (Wal), James Haskell (Eng)
Middle linebacker: Jamie Heaslip (Ire)
Safety: Jerome Kaino (NZ), David Pocock (Aus)

Not a bad side all around. Based on this World Cup, Scott Sio might also make it as a guard, and I wouldn't mind seeing Ma'a Nonu at fullback (he'd be great at short yardage and as a blocking fullback). Could also see Ben Smith and a fit Israel Folau at cornerback, and Nemani Nadolo or Samu Manoa at tight end (Manoa either there or at tackle, as a pulling lineman). I'd think you'd want a bit more speed in the safeties, but I'm not going to question a pro defensive end.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Smith and Laidlaw as running backs?!?

NMS would be magic but maybe a little small. Actually, Fekitoa and Naholo would be pretty useful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.