• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2023

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Last edited:

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Ref appointments for pool matches confirmed.

We've got Luke Pearce for the Georgia game, Andrew Brace for the Fiji game and Wayne Barnes for the Wales game.

Great news for us, especially Barnes. Best ref in the world for teams who want to play free-flowing rugby.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
See that's exactly the level of bullshit we expected. None of this "it wasn't actually a ban" nonsense. Just "good character", "acceptance of foul play" (How in the fuck?) and "clear demonstration of remorse" bringing a sensible ban down to a too short one.
Yeah didn't he fight the red card in the initial instance? How could that be construed as acceptance?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It raises the question of what has to happen to actually get the full ban as prescribed?

Farrell has received a two week discount for merely acknowledging his actions and refusing to verbally abuse the magistrate during the hearing.

The state of the bloke who has to serve the full sentence, you'd have to be a complete maniac. So I imagine it will be Lachie Swinton, then.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah didn't he fight the red card in the initial instance? How could that be construed as acceptance?
Through the power of lawyering it has been determined that he accepted that he committed an act of foul play but contended that it was not a red card level offence.

He admitted he was guilty, just not that guilty. Which I honestly can't see any reason not to do. Surely you would always admit you have committed foul play (even where you think you haven't) but that it's not a red card offence. There's no downside, only upside.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nah fuck that, surely its real estate agents.
why-not-both.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It raises the question of what has to happen to actually get the full ban as prescribed?

Farrell has received a two week discount for merely acknowledging his actions and refusing to verbally abuse the magistrate during the hearing.

The state of the bloke who has to serve the full sentence, you'd have to be a complete maniac. So I imagine it will be Lachie Swinton, then.
Everyone knows he's a serial offender but the issue is he's actually only banned once or twice before I think? So officially he has an alright record.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do they take into account how recent the previous bans were? It could just be a ratio of weeks banned v matches played. Obviously he’s very lucky not to have been banned more but my point is to the judiciary, those are irrelevant when determining his record. Only the official bans count.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Apparently more injury worries for England:

Watson and Daly I've read.
Watson has been in great form, Daly less so but still one of their important senior players. Getting worse for Borthwick.

At least it’s not just Aus getting wrecked by injuries.