• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rumour of the week: Tahu back to League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Unfortunately last night I watched about 20 minutes of The Footy Show. I seriously am dumber for the experience. I will admit, a few years ago it was watchable and entertaining enough when led by Stirlo, but now it's painful and stupid.

Anyway, to the point. Andrew Voss had a rant how Tahu was being wasted in Union, being on the bench. He then stated a rumour that Tahu has been in talks to return to league despite being just 2 years into a 4 year deal, but won't admit anything publicly.

T

TOCC

yay for us, the ARU should cut there losses on the Tahu investment

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The mail is still very strong that Kurtley Beale will be heading off to the rugby league ranks at the end of the season. Rabbitohs maybe? And raised eyebrows that one player the Waratahs are eager to get rid of at the end of the season came close to being the team's man of the match last weekend.

Another one, the Rabbits don't need Beale.

Which Tahs player did well last week that they want to get rid of?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
fatprop said:
The mail is still very strong that Kurtley Beale will be heading off to the rugby league ranks at the end of the season. Rabbitohs maybe? And raised eyebrows that one player the Waratahs are eager to get rid of at the end of the season came close to being the team's man of the match last weekend.

Another one, the Rabbits don't need Beale.

Growden probably made the Rabbitohs connection based on Aboriginal heritage. You're right the Rabbits won't be interested - they are overloaded on halves with Sandow, Sutton, Wing, etc.

As for the Tahs, my guess would have been Tom Carter, especially since he has appeared on the outer but was one of their better players last week.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
How was Carter one of their better players? ("close to being the team's man of the match") if the options are O'Conner or Carter it is a simple choice.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I must admit that when Tahu came in I was very excited. In hist forst few matches on as a sub he showed soem deft touches and made big hits.

Then he got injured and after coming back hs been nowhere. I canlt help but think he looks like he's had the enthusiasm coached out of him.

Let's face it, the way the Tah backline has been playing could make any player look ordinary.

It is quite amusing how the Footy show uses Lote and Tahu to tell their dumb supporters how must better their game is. It's pathetic.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
fatprop said:

Sam Norton-Knight;
Lachie Turner,
Rob Horne,
Tom Carter,
Lote Tuqiri;
Kurtley Beale;
Luke Burgess;
Wycliff Palu,
Phil Waugh (captain),
Dean Mumm;
Will Caldwell,
Chris Thomson;
Al Baxter,
Tatafu Polota-Nau,
Benn Robinson.

Replacements:
Damien Fitzpatrick,
Dan Palmer,
Luke Doherty,
Ben Mowen,
Brett Sheehan,
Daniel Halangahu,
Timana Tahu.

I've looked at this list half a dozen times and the only candidates I can think of are: Tuqiri, Caldwell, Thomson, Mowen, Sheehan.

Please let it be LT :praying:

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
with all the money we saved on LT, we could get Rocky back and maybe Berrick could come south as well :)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Moses said:
with all the money we saved on LT, we could get Rocky back and maybe Berrick could come south as well :)

???

It won't, most of Lote's money comes from 3rd party sponsorship.

There is no guarantee that money would be available for someone else.

F

formeropenside

Moses said:

...or you could develop a 5/8 of your very own?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
Moses said:

...or you could develop a 5/8 of your very own?
Nice idea, we shall call him Kurtley.

FP makes a good point, most of LT's topup is courtesy of Vodafone

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
fatprop said:

Sam Norton-Knight;
Lachie Turner,
Rob Horne,
Tom Carter,
Lote Tuqiri;
Kurtley Beale;
Luke Burgess;
Wycliff Palu,
Phil Waugh (captain),
Dean Mumm;
Will Caldwell,
Chris Thomson;
Al Baxter,
Tatafu Polota-Nau,
Benn Robinson.

Replacements:
Damien Fitzpatrick,
Dan Palmer,
Luke Doherty,
Ben Mowen,
Brett Sheehan,
Daniel Halangahu,
Timana Tahu.

I've looked at this list half a dozen times and the only candidates I can think of are: Tuqiri, Caldwell, Thomson, Mowen, Sheehan.

What have you got against Lachie Turner?

P

PhucNgo

cyclopath said:
Scarfman said:
fatprop said:

Sam Norton-Knight;
Lachie Turner,
Rob Horne,
Tom Carter,
Lote Tuqiri;
Kurtley Beale;
Luke Burgess;
Wycliff Palu,
Phil Waugh (captain),
Dean Mumm;
Will Caldwell,
Chris Thomson;
Al Baxter,
Tatafu Polota-Nau,
Benn Robinson.

Replacements:
Damien Fitzpatrick,
Dan Palmer,
Luke Doherty,
Ben Mowen,
Brett Sheehan,
Daniel Halangahu,
Timana Tahu.

What have you got against Lachie Turner?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

P

PhucNgo

When someone recently suggested that Beale might play well at fullback, I suggested right back that I agreed (half jokingly); yeah, but maybe for the Wests Tigers. I can see a lot of Rees Wesser in the boy (and not just the obvious). He needs space to do what he does best, and in elite level rugby he's just not getting it at the mo.

If he doesn't go to league I'd suggest to the ARU that he be sent with immediate effect to the 7's circuit where his talents would be immediately appreciated. The bigtime atmosphere and having nowhere to hide will either make him or break him. At this stage of his career its about the development of the top 4 inches.

F

formeropenside

Scarfman said:
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhns.

Who stays at the Reds? I mean, honestly!

Tahs couldn't even keep SNK, glass houses and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.