1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by Hugh Jarse, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groucho Greg Davis (50)

Nah. The "swinging voters" of the Australian sporting interest, and thus advertisers, flock to success. The tiddlywinks team could win a world championship and there'd be a long tail of support for the sport to be capitalized on.

Simply having made the final will increase our numbers in 2016. Winning will increase them more so.

In fact, if you look at the relationship of major events such as the world cup to domestic crowds the following year (which I did a few years ago for a blog post) you can see that crowds spike in the year after the event, in a predictable cycle. Even if we fail completely.

The reports of the death of Australian rugby are, as always, exaggerated. The prophets of doom invariably find the lean years before major events to be the most prophetable to base their doomy predictions on.
  2. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

3. Hawko Geoff Shaw (53)

You're absolutely right Lorenzo. Australia should just forfeit now its so out-ranked. Invoke the mercy rule.

Funny how this team of superheroes hasn't won every game this year by 100+ to 0.
  4. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

Apparently it is this guy's family's fault if the All Black's lose

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/3qnu5q/im_sorry_guys_it_might_be_over_might/

5. mudskipper Colin Windon (37)

I really have this feeling so I should share. that all isnt calm within the Infamous All Black camp. Hence the bumpy results this year, cards and penalties...
    I cant put my finger on it, if its Carter winning back his spot from the many younger talented guys or if its Nonu wanting more attention than Sonny Bill or that they havent got their perferred front row. Perhaps its richie leaving his old school leadership in the changeroom or perhaps even its Hansons cocky attitude which isnt focussing on the famous ABs culture anymore but just taking it for granted. BUT do feel they have become cocky individuals and not a team anymore.I cant put my finger on it but I think this game could unhinge the All Blacks mental superiority..
    Hell West & Crooked likes this.
  6. JJJ Vay Wilson (31)

Every time I feel like the final is taking forever to get here, I remember that 6 day turnaround. Forever is our friend. Long may it last.

What confuses me a bit is that this is a game England would have been planning to play. They set up the schedules beautifully with all of their other games to give themselves the best possible chance of winning, so what happened with this one? Were they hedging their bets that if they ended up on the other side of the draw they'd need more time to recover from heroic victories over RSA and NZ?
    saulityvi and qwerty51 like this.
  7. brokendown Cyril Towers (30)

straws-clutching at?

re muddy
    Pfitzy, badabing59, USARugger and 3 others like this.
  8. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

It's quite perplexing why they put it on Saturday and gave one of the teams less than a week turnaround for it. Sunday is usually the day for all the big finals. 2011's final was on Sunday.
  9. boyo Mark Ella (57)

It's important to know where your shit is, as you may need it in the future.
  10. dru Simon Poidevin (60)

I was going to simply "like". But honest at some point you get the shits. Well I do.

Anyway, let's just see what happens.
  11. ACT Crusader Jim Lenehan (48)

Somehow I don't think England organised the schedule. WR is responsible for that.
  12. Lorenzo Arch Winning (36)

Wow. What an emotional reaction.

I said that I think their forwards are generally better than ours. Given our record, I hardly think it a controversial remark.
  13. Hemsley Frank Row (1)

There is only about 50 watering holes n Balmain.
    I would have thought Dicks would be showing it. Being Balmain Rugbys pub. Shame if they aren't. Balmain is a great place to watch Rugby (both codes)
    The Sackville is another good one.
  14. Lorenzo Arch Winning (36)

So saying that one disagrees with the which-player-is-better thing, and providing a basis for one's belief is enough to give you the shits?

It's pretty weird, I have to tell you. I will be up yelling at the TV hoping like hell we get up, but they are generally better at the game. For fuck's sake they win 80% of the tests we play.

I know this is ostensibly a forum for wallaby homers but some people take things very personally.
    Bullrush and Dewald Nel like this.
  15. Dewald Nel Cyril Towers (30)

Hahahahaha. I'm gonna print and frame this, and look at it every time I need a good laugh.
    Bullrush likes this.
  16. Dewald Nel Cyril Towers (30)

The only prediction I'm willing to make for this game is Joe Launchbury as man of the match.
    Brendan Hume and Joe Blow like this.
  17. Bullrush Jim Lenehan (48)

It's funny isn't it? I know I'm a die-hard ABs fan but I just don't see this cockiness or arrogance that some here seem to think is so prevalent in the AB camp?!
    Dewald Nel likes this.
  18. dru Simon Poidevin (60)

Serious?

On an Aussie site, supporting Aussies, this means I'm a homer? Fair enough. Don't get your point, but continue.

Or not.
  19. Lorenzo Arch Winning (36)

If you get the shits when someone suggests the AB forwards are better than ours, generally? Yeah, you're a homer.
  20. mudskipper Colin Windon (37)

If it saves you from yourself when thats a good thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.