• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Farrrrk - I'm actually genuinely not coping.

I didn't really sleep last night, watched all the replayed games on fox then finished Gregan's 'Half-back, half-forward' and even opened bloody Bob Dwyer's book for a while.

Jesus mate you are really struggling. I'd hate to see you if Foley is liningup the winning penalty in overtime on Sunday morning!

Here's a replay of the full 2003 RWC semi final if it helps...........

G

galumay

Lets all focus on the fact that even at the semi final stage there were only southern hemisphere sides left in the RWC.

Which ever team wins it wont be England, thats enough for me right there!
Good luck to both teams, may it be a memorable final, played in the true spirit of the game. Either way the RWC is coming to Australasia - as it should, they have been the 2 best teams of the tournament.

I love NZ and Kiwis, have lived there, and probably still would if the NI was tropical! I always back the AB's when they are playing anyone other than the Wobblies, their dominance of a sport is unparalleled in history.

The AB's are favourites for good reason, but that doesnt mean we cant win, the history of the RWC and the AB's proves that, form, history, ability, all count for nothing on the day otherwise NZ would have won every RWC.

I reckon we are as close as we have been for decades and are a real chance to grab old Bill if we play to our potential and make the most of the opportunities that come our way.

Go the Wallabies!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The closer we get to this game, the more piss and vinegar gets thrown around.

Cool your fucking jets - the Aussie fans here are on a massive win-win: if we lose, well we can shrug and point to the AB squad's greatness (unless you're the kind of twat who simply can't). If we win WE FUCKING WIN!

But in either case, remember that your behaviour is what you get remembered for. Even trying to rub it in to specific posters here will only get you a reputation as a dickhead.

I can appreciate the situation Bullrush is in - when I hang out at the Kiwi rugby site its fucking hard not to fire up at the tsunami of derision and smugness. Its like schoolyard bullying FFS.

So grow up the lot of you.
Cheers Pfitzy.

There's no doubt that a lot of AB fans are nervous as fuck - as we would be about any opponent we would be against in the RWC final, as were in the quarter and the semi.

Yep - there are some dick-head supporters out there bragging and bullshitting, I can cop that and agree it's pretty shit but when it comes to the AB team and management, I think they have been totally professional and are awesome ambassadors for NZ and the game.

I'm bloody proud of this team - as I know and expect you guys are of the Wallabies.

Just thinking about it now - it's so easy for a lot of kiwis to jump on the AB bandwagon just to throw shit at their Aussie mates/family/colleagues etc. You are automatically considered an AB fan if you're a kiwi even if you know SFA about the game or have ever played a minute or watched an ITM Cup or Super Rugby game.

Wallaby fans have to make a pretty conscious decision to follow rugby and be proud supporters and your team has made that somewhat difficult at times in recent history.

As Hansen said - that seems to be well and truly in the past and hopefully we look forward to even more great rugby and classic rugby matches coming from the SH in the years to come no matter who wins this RWC.

GO THE ALL BLACKS!! :)

edit: I'll be fucken gutted if it's not Richie lifting the trophy on Sunday morning and will hate all you bastards.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Well chaps, my road to the RWC is about to officially kick off as the young fella and I are about to jump in the car and make our way from Seattle up to Vancouver BC as we are flying out to London tonight. I'll post a few picks in this thread along the way unless anyone objects?

I am hoping that the traveling is going to take the edge of the butterflies in my stomach that just won't subside. I swear every time I read something or start thinking about the game I feel bloody ill with anxiety.

Anyway, go you good things, let's bring back Bill!!!!

How old is "the young fella"? A great experience for you both, and to be there when HRH Harry hands "Bill" to the Wallabies, will be a bonus!!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I echo Pfitzy's comment. Everyone just chill the fuck out and enjoy the footy. It should be titanic.

PS. I thought the first half of Bob's post last night was a bit ordinary. A bit hysterical for mine.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Know it's been mentioned before but I just looked at both the wallabies and all blacks facebook pages and the difference is unbelievable. Wallaby page is full of smack talking kiwis as opposed to the AB's page which has literally no one but kiwis on it. For a nation and a supporter base that plays the "humble" card on the regular I'd be more than a bit embarrassed if I were a level headed kiwi supporter

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Know it's been mentioned before but I just looked at both the wallabies and all blacks facebook pages and the difference is unbelievable. Wallaby page is full of smack talking kiwis as opposed to the AB's page which has literally no one but kiwis on it. For a nation and a supporter base that plays the "humble" card on the regular I'd be more than a bit embarrassed if I were a level headed kiwi supporter

Yeah but we know social media gives every dickhead in the world a mouthpiece. It's a cesspit at times.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I can appreciate the situation Bullrush is in - when I hang out at the Kiwi rugby site its fucking hard not to fire up at the tsunami of derision and smugness. Its like schoolyard bullying FFS.

That is one thing that has stood out to me this week. For every Aussie supporter that dares to come out on Social Media proclaiming that the Wallabies can beat the All Blacks, there's 40 Kiwi there to try to beat any sense of confidence or pride out of them. One gets the impression that in the eyes of a lot of kiwi fans (admittedly not including most of the regular kiwi posters on this site) its disrespectful, even contemptuous, for Aussies to expect anything but a spanking.

Although I dare say its mostly driven by a very deep seeded anxiety that the Wallabies could somehow win this game. That's clearly a big difference between the two supporters; Wallaby fans know their team is up against it but are daring to dream, All Blacks supporters expect their team and cant stomach the thought of losing in the finals to the Aussies.

Fortunately us Australians have lost so many games to the All Blacks over the last 10 years that we're battle hardened in that respect :D

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Farrrrk - I'm actually genuinely not coping.

I didn't really sleep last night, watched all the replayed games on fox then finished Gregan's 'Half-back, half-forward' and even opened bloody Bob Dwyer's book for a while.

You need to re-evaluate.
Go back 12 months.
We're 3 games further into this than most of us thought.
We win its a bonus.
We lose - well you can't win them all and there'd be no point playing if you could.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Just so you don't get ahead of yourselves with the man love for the pooper, just a little reality check.;) Good luck to all for the final, and if you do happen to beat us (full body shudder happening), at least it stays in the South, and it wasn't effin England that beat us!

12193864_938441989537258_843795360793924702_n.jpg

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
You already have a newspaper that does it well enough for everyone don't you?

Unfortunately I have more than a sneaking suspicion that you would be one of those kiwi supporters that go on the wallabies fb page/foxsports page to stir up trouble.

I don't actually find much wrong with that newspaper article, it's a bit of lighthearted fun in a AUSTRALIAN newspaper, I'd encourage the kiwis to do something similar in their own tabloids only they are too busy being self-righteous to have a bit of fun. Not to mention The guy who did that newspaper article grew up in nz and supports the all blacks.......

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Press release from The Rugby Football Union

In recognition that two of our former colonies are playing the final in a sport that we started, we have decided to rename Twickenham Stadium temporarily in honour of the occasion.

The%20Prince%20Blucher%20%20002_zps8ua7gnrx.jpg

When approached for comment, Chairman Hugh Felcher-McRectalBandit commented “If the Australians don’t like it, Fuck’em. Fuck’em right in the ear. Those bastards knocked us out of our own bloody tournament.”

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Just so you don't get ahead of yourselves with the man love for the pooper, just a little reality check.;) Good luck to all for the final, and if you do happen to beat us (full body shudder happening), at least it stays in the South, and it wasn't effin England that beat us!

12193864_938441989537258_843795360793924702_n.jpg

See bullrush ^^^^ shit like this is a bit of light hearted fun and good banter. However when it is posted all over australian social media then followed up by claims of humbleness you can see where the hypocrisy comes into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.