• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fuck Cheika is a class act, the interviewer trying to milk him with 'rub of the green' comment and he is full of class it the response. I fucking love rugby even more
Yeah he is good at the diplomatic response to defuse bombs from reporters

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Both coaches showing class with handshakes to opposition. Well done Australia. Great final. Pool of death slowed you down a tad I think.
Jesus but McCaw was everywhere tonight. Would love to see his tackle stats.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Congrats al blacks. Best team won. Shame about tge score line though. Especialy since drew was tripped when he knocked the ball on at the end. Did anyone else notice that?

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
2019 is ours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. Argentina could be the third or second best team in the World. They have something like 130k rugby players and more fans every day.

Australia has less players every year. Most of them are switching Union by League/AFL. And less supporters too. This was the opportunity to change the situation.

Even Japan could be a threat for the Wallabies in the next years.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Carter, my word. The man is the epitome of humility and class, not just on the field but off it too.

As for our boys, Mumm was poor, still scratching my head why he's consistently able to secure a bench spot. Pooper, phenomenal, as always. Beale was strong, and our backline adapted well to losing Giteau early on (the same can't be said for our pack after Douglas went off, especially in the line-out).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Congratulations to the 13 Wallaby Supporters on SuperBru who tipped The Darkness in the Green and Gold Pool, and special tap on the back for Brian Enright who was the only tipster who nailed the exact margin.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm not sure. Argentina could be the third or second best team in the World. They have something like 130k rugby players and more fans every day.

Australia has less players every year. Most of them are switching Union by League/AFL. And less supporters too. This was the opportunity to change the situation.

Too true. Just look at some of the schoolboy threads. We don't need a stronger League team for Christ's sake, don't we win pretty much every game against the Kiwis anyway? Can anyone who watches that pathetic excuse for barbarism inform me of how we're doing in the Rugby League?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

I'm not discounting the potential of other nations but we are on the up too. We have been underperforming for the last 8 years.

The success of this wallabies team will see player numbers increase next year and if they kick even more butt next year then the following year or 2 as well. I could be wrong but I just feel this year has been a positive turning point for the code.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Too true. Just look at some of the schoolboy threads. We don't need a stronger League team for Christ's sake, don't we win pretty much every game against the Kiwis anyway? Can anyone who watches that pathetic excuse for barbarism inform me of how we're doing in the Rugby League?
Pretty sure the League wasn't on tonight.
Maybe it was,do they telecast their World Cup?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Folau wasn't that bad. He got smashed a couple of times. I don't know if even being fully fit would have helped much.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm not discounting the potential of other nations but we are on the up too. We have been underperforming for the last 8 years.

The success of this wallabies team will see player numbers increase next year and if they kick even more butt next year then the following year or 2 as well. I could be wrong but I just feel this year has been a positive turning point for the code.

I agree - its a lot easier to sell our place in world rugby from 2 than 5.
That 10 point surge in the second half means I can live with that loss: we put in, we didnt quit and and the Abs were too good.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Clearly, the better team won. Looked threatening every time they had the ball, which was most of the game. Wallabies ran into a brick wall most of the time.

A brave effort by the Wallabies, but some bewildering issues. Why did Beale replace Giteau instead of To'omua? Odd. Why was Fardy replaced so early? Odd. Why did we go into a RWC final with ineffective locks? Well, all water under the bridge now.

Owens was shocking as many had expected as soon as he was appointed. No good saying the Wallabies should have taken him out of the game when he just simply ignored knock ons, forward passes and obstruction. Referees must be more accountable for their performances and excuses like the team on the wrong side should do something about it are just pie in the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.