• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 1 - NZ vs RSA Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Unlike a lot of Australians I always support New Zealand when they're not playing an Australian team (NZ grandmother 'n' all, does that make me a quarter Kiwi? :eek: ) but, crikey, they make it bloody difficult with their testing-of-the-Laws style. How many times do we see a black jumper fallen/stuck/whatever at the back of a ruck/tackle subtly slowing down oppositions' ball? There's gotta be a day when a ref cuts them no slack and cards the first such offender.

On another note: Shaggy, come here, no closer than that, it's gold you goose, not yellow. GOLD, get it. Your colour isn't dark grey, ours isn't yellow.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alright, we can move along now:

"World Rugby official has confirmed to Fairfax Media that the All Blacks captain will not be cited for what was speculated to be a stray elbow in the 20-18 semifinal win against South Africa at Twickenham on Sunday (NZ time)."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-richie-mccaw-wont-be-cited-official-confirms

Much ado about nothing & made to look like something untoward by putting a photo of Louw bleeding (which he wasn't immediately after "the incident") alongside footage of "the incident". UK media BS at its worst.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Alright, we can move along now:

"World Rugby official has confirmed to Fairfax Media that the All Blacks captain will not be cited for what was speculated to be a stray elbow in the 20-18 semifinal win against South Africa at Twickenham on Sunday (NZ time)."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-richie-mccaw-wont-be-cited-official-confirms

Much ado about nothing & made to look like something untoward by putting a photo of Louw bleeding (which he wasn't immediately after "the incident") alongside footage of "the incident". UK media BS at its worst.

It was only Australians baying for his blood mate. Nothing much in that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was only Australians baying for his blood mate. Nothing much in that.

Uh, no. Daily Telegraph & Brian Moore got the ball rolling. Even The Times got in on the act FFS. At least Moore has had the decency to admit he was mistaken. Not holding my breath for any of the U.K. media who jumped on the "story" to do likewise. BTW I'd be just as pissed off if it were, say, Pocock's "knee" or similar being trumped up. Getting harder & harder to tell the difference between the mainstream & social media where this sort of thing is concerned. Rant over.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Uh, no. Daily Telegraph & Brian Moore got the ball rolling. Even The Times got in on the act FFS. At least Moore has had the decency to admit he was mistaken. Not holding my breath for any of the U.K. media who jumped on the "story" to do likewise. BTW I'd be just as pissed off if it were, say, Pocock's "knee" or similar being trumped up. Getting harder & harder to tell the difference between the mainstream & social media where this sort of thing is concerned. Rant over.

You're being trolled into defending Australians? This could be our week after all.
;)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Approximately as often as we see a green, gold, red, white, blue, or any shade or combination thereof, jumper doing the exact same thing :).
Disagree, You guys use it very cleverly as a ta tactic. Expertly I would say. You test the ref throughout the game and push it to the limits.

Somehow the AB forwards have worked out to get in the way for that split second longer.

Not whinging about it. But it is quite plain to see. I think it is a consciously developed tactic and it is executed very well, like most other things you gusy do.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Guys. It's the telegraph. If you spent any extended time in the UK you will understand that it's a toilet paper. And Moore is a tosser of note.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)

OK but the English media have been bored since they were eliminated - see Malherbe "biting" incident. They don't count.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
for me, the only real chance the Boks have of an upset is for the day to be wet, the field to be heavy, and the ability of the ABs to spread the ball out wide is fundamentally inhibited. this may keep the scores closer and put more emphasis on the kickers - but I am not at all convinced it will change the result.
The Bokke came close enough, now lets see if your team can match the effort of the team of Misable Bastards.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats to the All Blacks and their supporters. Its has been a massive test like usual and you deserved it. Obvious a disappointment but I really cant blame the ref, the Springboks or even Meyer for their effort. As you all know I was one of Meyers biggest critics but I do hope he'll keep the Bok job for another 4 years. I am exciting by our young players on saturday and look forward to the future of Springbok rugby.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Matfield, what were you thinking calling that ball to yourself in the last ruck, isolated, standing still. Daft. Paarl isn't going to be pleased
Matfield should have never gone to the WC. He costed us this semi final when he lost that lineout 10m out with a few minutes to go. Why they dont use Etsebeth at nr2 I'll never know.

But hey, its to late now, I am just relieve we wont have this old stock players in 2016. The only one who really proved me wrong was FdP.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Matfield should have never gone to the WC. He costed us this semi final when he lost that lineout 10m out with a few minutes to go. Why they dont use Etsebeth at nr2 I'll never know.

But hey, its to late now, I am just relieve we wont have this old stock players in 2016. The only one who really proved me wrong was FdP.

Agreed. WTF does experience mean if you lose your lineouts and do something as retarded as a neck roll in the last quarter of a semi final? I have been one of Victor's biggest fans, but he disappointed me severely with that performance.

Speaking of FdP, who do we replace him with? Nobody else is nearly at his level of understanding the game, and whenever he doesn't play, we look 20% worse. Ruan Pienaar should never see a Bok jersey again, and it's obvious that there was some feud between him and Meyer.

So Paige? Faf? Reinach? Reinach seems too much of a Jorrie Muller type player - for every one good thing he does, he does 3 retarded things which puts his team under pressure.

Maybe we should stick it out with Faf and Paige.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Agreed. WTF does experience mean if you lose your lineouts and do something as retarded as a neck roll in the last quarter of a semi final? I have been one of Victor's biggest fans, but he disappointed me severely with that performance.

Speaking of FdP, who do we replace him with? Nobody else is nearly at his level of understanding the game, and whenever he doesn't play, we look 20% worse. Ruan Pienaar should never see a Bok jersey again, and it's obvious that there was some feud between him and Meyer.

So Paige? Faf? Reinach? Reinach seems too much of a Jorrie Muller type player - for every one good thing he does, he does 3 retarded things which puts his team under pressure.

Maybe we should stick it out with Faf and Paige.
Hougaard had a good CC season. But he is gone? We'll dig out another 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.