• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Dan Carter's performance against France was sublime - almost the perfect game for a 10 imo. We haven't seen a 10 in Aus like that since Larkham. :(

At the same time, the Blackness Juggernaut is what allows Dan to play so well. We saw in 2011 that even without him in that 10 spot they were just as lethal.

Same thing happens with the Wallabies, while Foley may not be anywhere near the quality of Carter at an individual level, if the blokes to the left and right of him step up it'll be what lifts Foley's ability.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
At the same time, the Blackness Juggernaut is what allows Dan to play so well. We saw in 2011 that even without him in that 10 spot they were just as lethal.

Same thing happens with the Wallabies, while Foley may not be anywhere near the quality of Carter at an individual level, if the blokes to the left and right of him step up it'll be what lifts Foley's ability.

Well not always. What happened to Foley last time we played the All Blacks, we dominated in the forwards and just about everywhere but he was MIA. He was heavily criticized in that game and rightly so.

So far in his entire Test career he's only capitalised on front foot ball once and that's against England.

Let's hope he can do it again!

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
I don't know a single Australian who got behind the Kiwi booing Quade campaign. There was universal condemnation of that on here and in the real Australia.

You don't know any but they still did. I've sat in the stands were Aus supporters booed him. Matt Rowley even had a laugh on a podcast back in 2013 (I think) when they booed him in Sydney.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
line-in-the-sand.jpg

Now that we've drawn a line in the sand, let's talk about the semi-final.

Apparently neither Folau nor Pocock trained yesterday but both are said to be progressing well.

In interviews though the most committal Cheika has been is to say that they're more likely to be available than not and he hopes to have his full contingent.

You'd have to think that Cheika will be more likely to roll the dice and select them if they get through any training sessions by Friday this week before the team is announced.

You'd have to guess it is fairly unlikely that Sio will be available even if he's much better than expected. If his arm is still in a sling and can't move on the Tuesday then it's hard to see him having full strength to be able to bind properly to Moore and scrummage to the best of his ability in our biggest scrummaging test to date.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
You don't know any but they still did. I've sat in the stands were Aus supporters booed him. Matt Rowley even had a laugh on a podcast back in 2013 (I think) when they booed him in Sydney.

I was at the 2012 game where he was boo'd, it was all the kiwis who were about half the crowd.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Real poor news about Sio. Slipper is an able replacement to start but the bench front row is significantly weaker. We have previously used this as a weapon late in the second half which now might become a weakness. Hope Toby Smith is up to it.

Beale is on fire at the moment so I'm not sweating on Folau but Poey is a huge concern!

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Real poor news about Sio. Slipper is an able replacement to start but the bench front row is significantly weaker. We have previously used this as a weapon late in the second half which now might become a weakness. Hope Toby Smith is up to it.

Beale is on fire at the moment so I'm not sweating on Folau but Poey is a huge concern!
Yeah at least Smith is a scrum technician so he will know his role.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought it was his Left arm?

I'm not sure about this Smith chap who's tipped to replace Scotty, anyone with insight on him?

Edit: Replace by coming on the bench. I imagine Slipps will start at 1, not 10 given his passing skills.

It was his right arm. It got caught and wrenched backwards at the elbow when the scrum went down.

Toby Smith is a Rebels player. He was excellent this year in Super Rugby. He played THP against Uruguay but he's a better LHP. He'll be fine off the bench.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Do you think chieka will play Pocock if he can. like even if he is 90% recovered he can still play half a game, It's knock out rugby we are talking

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
He will absolutely play Pocock and he'll be right to if he's running with any kind of freedom at all. If he can only go at up to about 70% then it hurts the team and he shouldn't play, but if he's remotely fit he's got to be out there. All our best performances have been with Hooper and Pocock on the paddock at the same time. I suspect that's no coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.