• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final New Zealand vs Ireland

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Go for France and live on le édge. I'd certainly like them to open up Pandoara's lesser known box of madcap frogs and fart out a win against Wales.

EDIT: Plus they're apparently in the midst of another player revolution. Means we're approaching peak RWC France. If they somehow beat Wales, they'll produce their requisite one unbeatable match per tournament before collapsing in the final. Get on the roller-coaster.
Yeh, them next

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Its been a heavy drinking night for me. First wallabies losing to the soap dodgers, now the land of my ancestors getting completely blown off the park. Fuck the port just pass me the methylated spirits.

There is one positive from this game. I will absolutely be laughing my arse off watching england play the ab's. Good luck planning for that eddie. Go the ab's.

Ab's just too slick, too good.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Absolutely chuffed with that performance. Was not confident this group had it in them, but very happy to be wrong. Though think we'll need another step up to to overcome England. Hopefully no injuries arise.

Will also say I do feel bad for all those great Irish players who just played their final match (be it absolute final test, or final RWC match). To lose is one thing. To be so comprehensively beaten as they've been is something else entirely. Particularly feel bad for Best and O'Mahony.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Will also say I do feel bad for all those great Irish players who just played their final match (be it absolute final test, or final RWC match). To lose is one thing. To be so comprehensively beaten as they've been is something else entirely. Particularly feel bad for Best and O'Mahony.

Yeah, those two have showed a lot of heart over the years. I don't think a post Schmidt ear will be bad for Ireland. They need to evolve their attacking game.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Absolutely chuffed with that performance. Was not confident this group had it in them, but very happy to be wrong. Though think we'll need another step up to to overcome England. Hopefully no injuries arise.

Indeed. The only thing that ranks worse was those retiring italian players that didnt get to play in the cancelled game. That would have been crushing.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I found it a little odd for the offside. As a no arms tackle it made more sense. Just fell in front of/purposely blocked the Irish player.
If that’s what they called I’d be happy. But the refs call was that he came from an off side position which is just weird