• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 Japan vs Scotland

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
Confused by a clearly Tongan man playing for Japan under the name 'Nakajima', I went looking for an explanation and found the passage below: (might be my new favourite player)

As proud as Nakajima is of his Tongan heritage, you would be easily forgiven for believing he was Japanese just by looking at his name. ‘Nakajima’ is his wife’s surname. ‘Most of my family’ Nakajima says, ‘didn’t know that I was playing in the Rugby World Cup because of my name.’ It may be considered an unusual choice for some but Nakajima shares about his increasing awareness and willingness to reject patriarchal norms. ‘I saw a lot of problems in the [community] I was raised in, like abuse of women and stuff like that. My experience in Japan has taught me a lot about discipline and I want to pass those values on to my sons’. Taking on the name ‘Nakajima’ is therefore not only an expression of love for his adopted home but more importantly, an eternal promise to honor his wife and children.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
As well as Japan played in the first half, it's a shame Scotland spent 30 minutes of the first half playing kick-and-tackle rather than running the ball like they have in the second half.

Also, while it's probably the most unlikely outcome, I'm absolutely hoping for a Japan/France semifinal because it'd be pure rugby chaos.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
As well as Japan played in the first half, it's a shame Scotland spent 30 minutes of the first half playing kick-and-tackle rather than running the ball like they have in the second half.

Also, while it's probably the most unlikely outcome, I'm absolutely hoping for a Japan/France semifinal because it'd be pure rugby chaos.
France should beat Wales.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah well, I’m a jammy bloody Souths supporter so jinx don’t count.

Lol. We were neutrals in that game. Mums a raiders supporter. Me knights. Painful year for different reasons.

Also, i was worried scots v jpn would be a fizzer. So glad it has delivered. What a game. And the refereeing has been pretty good imo.