• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 Japan vs Scotland

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fuckiiiiing sensational. Well played there Scotland, but can't beat the creepily prepared Japanese. Topped the pool, no losses, fucking ace Japan.

Amazing watching them, Scotland pounding their line, 7 points up, few minutes left, could easily flop over the ball and give away easy penalties to eat up time, every other team would but Japan are so diligent and well behaved.

Also so many times a scot carrying the ball would be low and you just know LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) would've cut his head off, but all the Japanese always drop low enough, no tackles were near high, so precise and careful.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
I love Scotland, and I was absolutely gutted when they crashed out of the last world cup courtesy of one of the all time great refereeing gaffes. Even the most ardent Scots fan couldn't walk away from that game without a smile on their face though. Superb performance from Japan and definitely the match of the cup so far.

Bring on miracle 2.0

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Strange that South Africa will have Japan, and should they win, then either Wales or France after coming second in their pool. Absolute dream run (no disrespect to Japan).

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
After yesterdays sadness in the NRC, to have this result is a reminder of how good rugby is. Imagine how much of Japan will be watching the Quarter Final.

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
So when are we adding Japan to the Rugby Championship? Also I'm sure SANZAAR are stoked with their decision to boot the Sunwolves from Super Rugby now...