• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 New Zealand vs Canada

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wednesday 02 October
19:15 Japan Time

New Zealand v Canada

Pool B Oita Stadium, Oita Prefecture

NZ B-team doddle. Looking forward to seeing Isaia Toeava getting a run.

NZ Team Matchday GIF:

ptBBB1OCUZpMdFfJYhsGeiE7WMQ_IENOeOkboXqNGMQXNziFwBNlhBy_Osca4nn_dN3ZXbgTlFrQHnhINcwFOmDU71UQhiUEzznGzixOFvr4PJW5DFFjd1wnAbbdiO0pcs5IbpOmCpbJLPIq8tImCBn9jeJ4QFGu7LqzpTiJ6Rb3pnxiRDglGa2Z2OlLicHs5JwMW2gDMobzlqnIrySO8IyDNsCt72sA7f-69Br6thFobzXAzvm5kSdzB4gZ8mewfbdN9SRqRSTLLlqOTAXmOBX6EfP2rVdQx7rCPfYXkEXwrZqjVG38LyX82igxsAAwPtg3GTAoI27bMB3Xh82KXiFLEIsn4gIMN-xRFDcYcTZ6YhnQb0eLe5XNmXxlZcfGvURxwWzphPXUEeF_47yaY5czelJpbNmsc89Ou7vCCbWGaZ-VXH36H_KSqz_9FBODMeYArZDV5lG3cV-WwYwrAGGGiFF614sqFIsObdbvwh9mnFS58vBVGROHG5Tobhp-iGuzk8EffhY3Ie-EVU5l03eyNTAFQty1Eo8mJ53JiWrPI4Mg5ovCXlbGihZZbaPOK4a2HcA6ua1alrTFZpVkwQ93CShkMWRRi2bGV1ll8M92eEq7IfFOy1j_uD-ykqCwxEgH7t1JAhZkoppz1LWld_6XsfP8XTcIdsAEyNGDFaOk2mnf4X47O6A=w448-h333-no

Jordie Barrett trying to use telepathy to coerce Hansen into giving him a run.

Canada Team Matchday GIF:

EfrubFHTARRH4vIgNy34HCU8JJvfuoaI8vx9WoLQEvE5j3250u6DBr5A4wnRhRmrX6747GRtlgIFuZiUa8O7hfkhb6PxbxLpQax6BA3yyjFkWMi_9hQYv-G05vCjokXvuZDFOCgxHgwW_kJ2oFMUGWArN02quZQukYaV2hF_qtz0RsniT388vzY7jnUAvgZQQ9WGgcKnz4Sc_yCu03CMr-GLtfNcNduuVvoQHUSYKwAkx9-uKMhaxALBSrdGmbqfeaFf5eGT6j0ZNrm3DT2Hx2vgEYhKKA0sJDPFKtzbX2maLhQQ8ZyS1R3IZzN56tgw_ukJ7Ol-7u6a4tWf_PM_a_YL4QzmDFiswL1CsCbLtDOeL8ivw9K2c-RXipRPkcj7kg88mUlBYYqWWS4PF2POp16-OVub1C-vLbbg7J5dopYK-H9iF5CNRWETK8QvBIurcxM40IVTlKcw6iSj5wNn59_Xf1dAlM6-iuK-OqRVBShNzgu7f_Mk1qxnkHUdYa85JLEA-I5BAfmVx8Tc0DeFTWiCgdC9vVUkJDYPQrwSAnj7tYSHQFRoqAsJBuyb7-22qYzf1gMlQLXQOqLUE2K5aQobEAafp6V5Gz1J5E-MW-mTQHzuoT3hLZdsPZxuayUGnLuGNBPPJVxQcbwzH87Geydlt1mtwDGOtp1jCcWUrDYDrtNfeUH4FYc=w281-h340-no

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB have made 11 changes to the starting XV:

1: Atu Moli (2 previous Test caps)
2: Liam Coltman (6)
3: Angus Ta’avao (9)
4: Patrick Tuipulotu (26)
5: Scott Barrett (32)
6: Shannon Frizell (6)
7:Matt Todd (21)
8: Kieran Read - captain (123)
9: TJ Perenara (60)
10: Richie Mo’unga (13)
11: Rieko Ioane (26)
12: Sonny Bill Williams (54)
13: Jack Goodhue (9)
14: Jordie Barrett (12)
15: Beauden Barrett (79)

16: Codie Taylor (46)
17: Ofa Tuungafasi (31)
18: Nepo Laulala (21)
19: Samuel Whitelock (113)
20: Ardie Savea (40)
21: Brad Weber (2)
22: Ryan Crotty (46)
23: Ben Smith (81)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
In contrast that forward pack is one of the motliest crews of unprovens biffed together to start an Ab test I can goddamn ever remember. Aside from the captain there are not many there who have tethered themselves to a black jersey with anything much even resembling stable mooring

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ ScoBar & Todd aside, I tend to agree although whatever they've done with PT's diet seems to be working in that he's putting in more effort for longer than was previously the case.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^ ScoBar & Todd aside, I tend to agree although whatever they've done with PT's diet seems to be working in that he's putting in more effort for longer than was previously the case.

yeah definitely although i still dont think of any of the 3 as challengers for the 1st XV. Barrett and Todd are just too puny at this level against the real heavyweights

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
yeah definitely although i still dont think of any of the 3 as challengers for the 1st XV. Barrett and Todd are just too puny at this level against the real heavyweights

Probably right DP, though Barrett would be pretty sure of a reserve jersey. Not sure Todd couldn't handle the big boys either, though you right not going to happen. Not a bad looking bunch of roughies though!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Canada: 1-Djustice Sears-Duru, 2-Eric Howard, 3-Cole Keith, 4-Evan Olmstead, 5-Conor Keys, 6-Lucas Rumball, 7-Matt Heaton, 8-Tyler Ardron, 9-Fordom McRorie, 10-Peter Nelson, 11-DTH Van Der Merwe, 12-Ciaran Hearn, 13-Comor Trainor, 14-Jeff Hassler, 15-Patrick Parfey . Reserves: 16-Andrew Quattrin, 17-Hubert Buydens, 18-Jake Ilnicki, 19-Michael Sheppard, 20-Josh Larsen, 21-Phil Mack, 22-Taylor Paris, 23-Andrew Coe.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/rugb...-canadian-faces-await-all-blacks-in-oita.html

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
haha, Ardie's going to play the match wearing ski goggles. No, I am not making this up. https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...vea-to-wear-protective-goggles-against-canada

FIRST fucken ruck the oppo will be "yeah I dont fucken think so, Stevie" and rip em off. Ardie'll spend half the game scurrying around behind the advertising hoardings looking where the latest prick threw the things.

The other half of the match he'll be taking a knee to get some window wiper action from the trainer. Then it'll start to RAIN.

I predict 7th minute and he's biffed the fucken things off himself

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Savea's targeting system has been upgraded.

All Blacks flanker Ardie Savea will wear protective goggles in the team's next Rugby World Cup match against Canada.

The move comes after Savea discovered that the vision had deteriorated in his left eye and he realised he had to protect his eyesight.

"A couple of years ago I realised I had bad vision in my left eye. Everything's kind of blurry," Savea said.

"I told All Blacks doctor Tony Page that it was getting worse and now we're doing something about it. Doc notified me that World Rugby had some goggles that were approved and everyone has been really supportive. In terms of vision and seeing, it's pretty sweet, and it's now just a matter of getting used to them."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...vea-to-wear-protective-goggles-against-canada

1569897117486.jpg

Now we just need them in straight black, like some of the NFL visors. Put 'em on everyone in the regular black uniform. The full terminator look.

EDIT: Seems I dawdled too much.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
haha, Ardie's going to play the match wearing ski goggles. No, I am not making this up. https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...vea-to-wear-protective-goggles-against-canada

FIRST fucken ruck the oppo will be "yeah I dont fucken think so, Stevie" and rip off em off. Ardie'll spend half the game scurrying around behind the advertising hoardings looking where the latest prick threw the things.

The other half of the match he'll be taking a knee to get some window wiper action from the trainer. Then it'll start to RAIN.

I predict 7th minute and he's biffed the fucken things off himself
he should be ok Phipps isn't playing.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Read somewhere that Spark's cock-up has resulted in RWC fever not really hitting NZ shores yet?

This is a **National Abomination** and the responsible parties should be tried and executed on the nearest rugby paddock #burpees_until_death

It's mostly just oldies shouting at clouds because they can't dress up, attend the local motion picture theatre, and have the bellhops and motion picture theatre attendants screen the match of rugby union football for them instead.

Needless to say, firmly worded letters to the editor have been handwritten out -- in complete fountain-tipped cursive -- and dispatched posthaste to the editorial office of the New Zealand Herald printed diurnal periodical publication.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
If ever the All Blacks were going to get tipped over by a minnow in pool games it would be with a team like this.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
If ever the All Blacks were going to get tipped over by a minnow in pool games it would be with a team like this.

Think we'd go lower than Australia in the rankings if we lose to the 22nd ranked country, almost..

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Live cross on 1news said temp was mid-20's & humidity ~80% & rising. Also it's raining but that won't be an issue as they've closed the stadium roof. Not especially fussed about the score, at this point I think it's more important that everyone gets a decent run & no-one gets injured.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
weird, full replay of 2011 fixture on youtube.

Still cannot quite believe AB's strike winger was ZAC GUILDFORD.

Just..... how.