• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 New Zealand vs Canada

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you are investing in a line that high then you are a degenerate... :rolleyes:

It wasn't a lot of money. Although I'm not sure how the line being high makes it a worse bet than a narrow line between two more evenly matched sides. The whole point is it's meant to make it an even contest.

It's a coin flip bet, the bookies were right on the money in terms of the line (they had a line of 65.5) and I chose the wrong way! If Beauden hadn't dropped the ball I would have chosen the right way.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Black armbands last night were for AB # 574, Stan "Tiny" Hill who passed away yesterday. He played 11 Tests including v 1956 Springboks & 1959 Lions. Colin Meads is reputed to have described Hill as the only player who ever scared him on the field but by all accounts he was your classic gentle giant off it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...of-iconic-rugby-man-stan-tiny-hill-in-big-win
Yes,

He never played again after the 1956 tour. Believe he did his back in during first test.

Sad loss.